Field Marketing Manager, West
MongoDB, San Francisco, Denver, Seattle, Remote North America
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Field Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving adoption, pipeline and revenue growth for MongoDB products through an integrated field marketing plan in your region. You’ll target enterprise accounts and specific verticals by running field programs to fill the funnel and accelerate deals to close. Key responsibilities include planning, organizing, and executing events, field marketing, and account based marketing programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities.
You’ll partner with sales, account-based marketing, partner marketing, and demand generation stakeholders to ensure all marketing programs accelerate the sales cycle and improve conversion to customers. You are a data and results driven marketer, a team player, and able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done!
The role will report into the Sr. Manager, Field Marketing East.
This role can be based out of our Seattle, San Francisco or Denver offices or remotely in the North America region.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of event planning experience and account management/marketing experience in a technology company
- Experience with account based marketing a plus
- Highly results-driven with strong analytical ability
- Experience working cross functionally with sales or customer success teams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and experience producing marketing emails, web copy, sales enablement kits, etc
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Google Suite for Business
- Familiarity with CRM, Marketing Automation and Data systems; Salesforce, Eloqua and Tableau experience
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are key
- Ability to shift priorities and help other team members as needed
- Good humor and positive, can-do attitude is required
- Closely integrate with regional Account Executives, supporting the needs of their territory and executing regional marketing strategies
- Understand specific challenges of strategic accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming
- Develop end-to-end marketing programs across multiple enterprise accounts, for example scalable programs
- Conduct market research and evaluation to understand regional and account opportunities
- Understand the needs of an emerging market and develop programs and campaigns to drive top of funnel awareness and bottom funnel conversions
- Work in collaboration with the ABM, Demand Generation, Partner Marketing and Field Marketing teams to create and execute an account based marketing and lead generation plan that delivers significant inbound, qualified leads and pipeline growth for enterprise accounts
- Work with Events team to coordinate “MongoDB local” programs from end to end within region
- Ensure consistency of company priorities through brand strategy and messaging in materials and communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams when creating new and updating existing materials, presentations and/or preparing for marketing activations
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional, and local programs
- Support the go-to-market and co-marketing plans for accounts
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and support processes set up to effectively measure outcomes
- Work closely with the xDR teams to ensure rigorous follow up of all marketing leads across your region
- Support our flagship event, MongoDB World
- Flexible working environment through at least September 2021
- When travel resumes, up to 30-50% travel to domestic markets
The Field Marketing Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities
- In 3 months you’ll have fostered a relationship with your regional Account Executives, understand their top target accounts, begin planning field marketing opportunities, and begin to analyze regional campaign performance.
- In 6 months you’ll have a clear understanding of your key objectives, have executed pipeline acceleration events, and have started to become a trusted partner to your field marketing colleagues, sales leaders and manager.
In 12 months you’ll have fostered relationships across internal MongoDB teams and have executed both strategic and scalable ABM programs, co-produced partner events leveraging the MongoDB partnership ecosystem, leveraged data to make informed decisions to ensure tremendous ROI on field marketing executed programs, maintained flawless documentation and reporting of all programs to ensure success, and have a stake in future programming.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
File hosting service