MongoDB, Remote North America
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Architect to be a key member of a growing Data Architecture team; overseeing the governance, management and stewardship of data across the organization. As a Data Architect, you will be the bridge between the business and data engineering teams. You will design data models and schemas to produce high-performing, curated datasets in a mixed SQL and NoSQL environment, and drive the implementation to completion. You will configure a new enterprise data catalog, and facilitate the adoption of enterprise data governance policies and procedures
This role can be based out of North America or remotely in the region.
- At least 3 years experience building data models to support structured and semi-structured data
- Highly proficient in SQL. MQL (MongoDB Query Language) knowledge is a plus
- Customer focused, understanding that delivering business value is of utmost importance
- Skilled at eliciting requirements and communicating across a diverse set of engineers and partners
- Well-versed in core data lake, data warehousing and data security concepts
- Familiar with data catalog functionality, business glossaries, metadata management and data lineage
- Familiar with cloud computing concepts and big data storage formats such as Parquet
- Experienced with at least one BI Tool like Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- A lifelong learner who strives for continuous improvement
As a Data Architect, you will:
- Partner with Product Owners and other Stakeholders to document data requirements, utilizing your experience to provide insights and add value to the process
- Design data models and schemas within the internal data lake and data warehouse to satisfy multiple use cases
- Create and execute test plans to ensure data is accurate and performance meets SLAs
- Implement data security standards for data access
- Map the flow of data from source systems such as SalesForce, Marketing systems, Billing systems, and more
- Document metadata and lineage in the enterprise data catalog, promoting self-service data discovery and exploration
- In 3 months, you’ll have fully ramped with our Business and Data teams
- In 6 months, you’ll have delivered at least one fully documented data model that provides value to the business
- In 12 months, you’ll have delivered multiple data models across a variety of use cases, and are comfortable working with all aspects of our internal data platform
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.