We’re building a bank for and with our users. A product that’s fair, transparent and a pleasure to use. As we pave the way for the future of banking, we need a deeper understanding the problems we want to solve and how we solve them. That’s where you come in.
You’ll be working on a product that is a part of day to day life for more than a million people already, and your work here will shape the way that people interact with their finances will drive and what customer problems we solve next.
You'll have a lot of autonomy to drive change within the company through the insight you uncover and how you collaborate with your teams. This is a new area for our team, so you'll also be shaping the way we approach quantitative user research and defining best practices for working closely with Data.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Work closely with qualitative User Researchers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, Product Designers and Marketeers to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research that helps us better understand our existing and potential customers and how to create a better product that solves their problems and meets their needs.
- Take full ownership of project delivery, from gathering research questions, generating hypotheses to test to planning and executing the research, to analysing and sharing your findings with the team.
- Focus on questions that are best answered through quantitative research methods – things like surveys, aggregate analysis of user feedback and running experiments.
- Teach other people your skills, like survey best practice and how to use quantitative research methods in product development.
- Help build out our quantitative research function.
You should apply if:
- You're enthusiastic about Monzo and our mission!
- You understand how qualitative research and quantitative research can work together to shine a light on unknowns.
- You know what questions to ask so we can target the customer problems we want to solve next that will have the most impact.
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You have solid experience in SQL and preferably Python
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You have some experience with survey programming platforms and how to run statistical analysis on the results.
- You’re as comfortable **getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
Nice to have
- You'd be happy to give a go at programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets.
- You've worked in an applied research setting, ideally in a tech company or product organisation with multidisciplinary teams.
- You have a background in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.