We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist in Product excited to help build the bank of the future. You'll have the opportunity to super charge our user growth in 2019 and help us to build a bank that customers truly love.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over one and half million customers in the UK, with over 130,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Our Data Scientist, Product team's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into 2 product squads alongside engineers, designers, marketers, product managers etc.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our products and how those insights can inform our product strategy
- Be a technical role model for the Product Data Science team, shaping technical direction for not only your work but for the wider team
- Guide and enable multiple product teams to measure things that matter; initiate or help run A/B experiments to keep improving everything we do
- Drive together with the finance team a unified company-wide understanding of the lifetime value of our users and how different product features are impacting user profitability
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have multiple years of experience in product or growth analytics, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- Used to working independently and supporting other members of the Data Science team.
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You are a SQL and Python expert
Nice to haves:
- Experience mentoring / coaching more junior team members
- Experience prioritising work across multiple areas
- You have experience in best practice large scale A/B experiments in the and familiarity with Bayesian and frequentist approaches
- Familiarity with using a variety of Data Science tools (from business intelligence through to machine learning) and when to pick the right tool
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.
Want to learn more about Monzo? Visit Monzo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Embedded Software Intern (Fall 2019)
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Sr. Manager of Software Engineering, Global Ecommerce
MyFitnessPal, Baltimore, MD
Data Scientist, Recommendation and Ranking (NY)
Etsy, New York, NY
Research Scientist, Sales and Marketing
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo