As the Governance Lead for the People collective, you will use your passion for organisational culture to push forward an environment where the People collective are continuously able to support Monzonauts with the right controls and procedures in place.
Our Chief People Officer and people squads including Hiring, L&D, People Partnering, Space and Tech Ops will turn to you for guidance on how to ensure we are not only compliant with regulations, but also fostering a culture of rigorous thinking and careful controls that distinguish us in both banking and technology. You will be leading the way on automating some of our key people regulatory processes and ensuring key risk indicators are well-defined and understood in a timely manner.
We are looking for someone who has the desire to work on a variety of risk and change management projects; some of which would cover areas such as employee engagement, culture transformation, employer branding and learning and development with the support of progressive and forward-thinking individuals in an enthusiastic team environment.
To succeed, you should be able to navigate the regulatory landscape, use data to shape your thinking and collaborate to build something bigger than yourself. You will be asked to weigh in on foundational questions about the sort of company that we grow to become, while meeting’s today’s needs.
You should apply if you:
- You have a background working in a regulatory, governance, compliance or legal capacity
- You have a genuine passion for people and are excited by the prospect of working directly with teams focused on the employee experience here at Monzo
- You have had direct exposure to or have a broad understanding of SMCR and/or MRM frameworks
- Are excited about helping Monzo scale in a compliant, thoughtful and controlled way
- Would like to immerse yourself in parts of our work that deal with complexity so that we can keep our product simple - e.g. technology infrastructure, lending decision science and customer operations
- Are able to meet people where they are at and become a bridge between internal teams and represent Monzo before auditors, regulators and our board.
- Are excited by creating a culture of intellectual rigour.
- Have excellent project management and organisational skills.
The following experience would be valued:
- Work in risk, compliance, regulatory or governance in a financial firm; as an auditor; a regulator or in another highly regulated industry.
- Experience in building/shaping culture so that ‘doing the right thing’ is easy
- An understanding of the requirements of SMF roles.
- Work in a start-up environment or a technology company.
- Setting up policies and procedures and leading on policy reviews and assurance.
Above all, we are looking for people that are humble but excited by what we are doing at Monzo.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.