We're looking for a Product Data Science Technical Lead excited to help build the bank of the future. You'll have the opportunity to develop exceptional products and teams that make money work for everyone.
As part of this role you'll:
- Be a key leader in building a discipline of exceptional data scientists who are embedded into different product teams across all of Monzo
- Bring statistical rigour and be a technical role model for the Product Data Science team, shaping technical direction for not only your work but for the wider team
- Guide and enable multiple product teams, both directly and through your team, to use data to build better products, through high quality data insights and experimentation
- Drive together with the finance team a unified company-wide understanding of the lifetime value of our users and how different product features are impacting user profitability
- Have the opportunity to manage exceptional Data Scientists and help their career progression and development
You'll be embedded within our data discipline at Monzo and our mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into product squads alongside engineers, designers, marketers, product managers etc.
You should apply if
- You have multiple years of experience in data, working as a lead Analyst or Data Scientist
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically, proactively identifying issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You have experience working together and collaborating with product managers and other business stakeholders
- You're familiar with using a variety of Data Science tools (from business intelligence, experimentation and causal inference through to machine learning), and coding languages (Python and SQL). You know when to pick the right tool, and can help others do the same
- You have experience managing data scientists and you really enjoy that part of the job
We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a technical take home task and 2 on-site interviews at our office in London or remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.
Want to learn more about Monzo? Visit Monzo's website.
391 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.