We’re looking for an empathetic problem-solver, experienced in digital product design, to help us deliver the best banking experience possible.
We’re building a bank for and with our users. A product that’s fair, transparent and a pleasure to use. We see ourselves as something more than a typical current account: we’re setting out to solve all the problems that exist around your financial life in a coherent, meaningful and delightful way.
You’ll be working on a product that is a part of day to day life for more than a million people already, and your work here will shape the way that people interact with their finances.
This post by Zander gives a good idea of how any given week at Monzo looks for a product designer. You might be designing new iterations for the iPhone and Android apps. Or helping to improve growth and virality. Maybe you'll be embedded in marketing to take care of our web. Or you might create new lending features to help our users borrow money with total clarity and control. Or taking our savings and investments strategy to the next level. What about working in our internal product (designed and built in-house) that fuels all our internal operations? We have so much stuff to do. Really.
We use Sketch for all our UI work, Adobe After Effects for animations and Adobe Illustrator for, well, illustrations. The rest of the stack are the usual suspects: Marvel and Principle for prototyping and GitHub for storage and version control. We’re quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to contribute all the good practices you’ve used before.
You should apply if:
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team.
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make well-reasoned design decisions.
- You love making beautiful visuals but it’s not what drives you. What drives you is delivering great experiences and solving problems.
- You have empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints and business goals.
- You’re excited about scaling products and want to help us reach one billion users.
- You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you’ll design with all our users in mind (not just the ones that look like our team).
- You can show us a portfolio with detailed examples of beautiful interaction design.
- Sketch is your tool of choice. If you are good at AE or any other motion design tool we’ll love you even more.
- You are flexible; we’re a young startup and you’ll be designing lots of fun things.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.
Want to learn more about Monzo? Visit Monzo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Studio UI
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Product UI/UX Designer - Relocation to Istanbul
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Senior UX/UI Designer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Product Design Illustrator
Flexport, San Francisco, CA