What is Monzo about?
We’re a bank on a mission to make money work for everyone. By focusing on solving real problems rather than selling financial products, treating people fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better.
Monzo started in 2015 with big plans and a little office in Shoreditch, London. Now we’re a fully-licensed bank with millions of customers in the UK, and well over a thousand employees around the world.
At Monzo we’re aiming to build the best bank in the world. We are always keen to hear from capable, creative people who want to help us accomplish that goal. We want our bank to be safe and secure for our customers, so security is very important to us.
Security at Monzo
We’re looking for a Technical Programme Manager (TPM) to join our Security team. You’ll be responsible for managing our priorities and roadmaps, ensuring our processes and ways of working are as effective as they can be, and acting as the primary interface for stakeholders and other teams.
You will be working directly with the CISO and the engineers who are building our platform and you will have the opportunity to directly make an impact on the way that the business keeps our information secure.
One of the guiding principles at Monzo is that security should not be at the expense of user experience. We aim to move mountains in the background such that we can build world-class features without compromising on security. As a member of our security team you will be responsible for constantly improving the security of Monzo.
You’ll help us with the following questions and challenges:
- How do the strategic information security goals of the organisation translate into a programme of work across multiple security squads ?
- How do we break that work down in the most efficient and effective way to maximise success across squads?
- How do we make sure that we understand the interdependencies and challenges across squads to deliver the programme?
- What are the key technical and people challenges we need to overcome to deliver the key initiatives?
- How do we keep the programme on track but keep governance light and have agile decision making?
- How do we prioritise and manage technical work when new requirements come in?
Here are some of the projects the team have worked on in the past:
- Controlling outbound traffic from Kubernetes
- Building our secret management platform
- Detecting and stopping phishing attacks
You’ll be responsible for:
- Turning large-scale, ambiguous ideas into clearly defined programmes of work, with a specific focus on security across software engineering, infrastructure and operations.
- Working with the Engineering Managers, Engineers and Squad leads to understand the technicalities of the work and highlight dependencies and issues across squads.
- Making value-based decisions to manage competing priorities; from company-wide programmes of work, regulatory and compliance commitments, and the day-to-day work that keeps Monzo’s staff and customers safe.
- Ensuring our team processes are working for us at scale, advocating for sensible agile practices and incrementally improving our ways of working across at least 3 teams.
- Ensuring that the appropriate governance is in place to track and report on the programme to stakeholders.
- Understanding and reporting key risks and progress to stakeholders.
You should apply if
- Leading large-scale programmes of work across multiple teams is second nature to you.
- You’re passionate about security and understand best practices.
- You can make sensible, value and risk based trade-offs when forming our strategy and prioritising our roadmaps.
- The salary of between £60,000 - £100,000 depending on experience
- This will be based in our new London office (but we are open to flexible working)
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.
Want to learn more about Monzo? Visit Monzo's website.
The social news and entertainment company.