Our Finance team is growing and we’re looking for a talented new member to help establish our investor relations team. This role will span capital raising projects, business development and the servicing of existing investment relationships. The successful candidate will be a key partner to our executive team.
- Support Monzo’s executive team by managing or participating in all aspects of fundraising and ongoing investor requests.
- Represent Monzo as a spokesperson to the investment community with a focus on educating current and prospective shareholders about the Company’s strategy, performance and market opportunity.
- Assess the mix of the investor base and create a plan to target long-term investors that are a good strategic fit for Monzo.
You should apply if:
- 3-5+ years experience in one (or more) of the following areas: investment/hedge funds, equity capital markets or M&A at an investment bank, a focus on financial institutions/services would be a bonus
- Experience working with major investors across the world
- Comfortable building financial models and “getting into the weeds”
- Ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Superior relationship-building skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Knowledge and interest about the tech & banking industries
- Able to be a self starter and not above any level of work required to get the job done
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits. We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed 2-3 on-video interviews at our office in London or remotely via hangouts.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.
Want to learn more about Monzo? Visit Monzo's website.
Brewing up the future, today.