At Monzo we believe there’s a better way to do banking - we care deeply about our customers, are innovative and execute quickly.
As the size and sophistication of our Borrowing (consumer lending) portfolio grows, we have an increasing need to run significant programmes of work to enhance our models, controls and documents across IFRS9 Impairments, Stress Testing, Forecasting and Model Risk Management. The current focus is strongly on Impairments, but we expect this to broaden out to the other topics later in 2021.
We are looking for an organised and energetic Project Manager who can join our team of credit risk and technology experts to bring structure, direction and focus to these larger projects. This person would also play a key role in communicating with senior stakeholders, particularly our GM of Borrowing, CFO and CRO.
You should apply if:
- You are a highly skilled project manager, with a track record of delivering complex pieces of work under time pressure. Coordination and prioritisation skills are a must-have
- You are a clear and precise communicator, able to cut through complex problems and articulate decision points
- You have relevant domain knowledge in credit risk modelling, particularly in IFRS9 Impairments, Stress Testing, Forecasting and Model Risk Management. This would ideally span across the models, documentation, BAU process, governance and controls
- You have a quantitative background are a comfortable overseeing analytical and technical projects
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and Monzo
You'll spend your time:
- Playing a key role across our Credit & Data team; owning multiple projects and initiatives to enhance our data, models, documentation and controls
- Working with our team leads and Borrowing Leadership to prioritise blocks of work and communicate progress, blockers and outcomes to the bank’s executives
- Liaising with counterparts in both Finance and 2nd Line Credit Risk
- Coaching our Credit Analysts on communication, presentation and structure to help them perform to the best of their abilities
- Managing the process surrounding internal and external audits
The application process consists of a recruiter call, a phone interview with the hiring manager, then final stage interviews conducted via google hangout.
This role is based in the London office, however given the current circumstances we are all working remotely.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.
Want to learn more about Monzo? Visit Monzo's website.
Help the world share their story