We are looking for passionate experienced Fraud Investigators who love solving problems and keeping up-to-date with the latest fraud trends to join our entry-level team, kickstart a career in fraud investigation, and help Monzo make money work for everyone.
Unfortunately, Fraud is an unavoidable part of banking, and while Monzo is constantly working to prevent it, we can't eradicate it completely.
In the Fraud function, you'll be investigating the claims of unauthorised transaction fraud, and authorised push payment fraud made by our customers, in order to confirm that they are indeed a real victim, and haven't enabled the fraud through their own actions. You'll help to determine whether or not we can help them recover the money they have lost. As you gain experience you'll be given the authority to take on more complex, and higher value cases.
Every day, you’ll spend your time on things like:
- Using the full set of tools in our internal database to build a timeline of a customer's fraud claim.
- Questioning our customers effectively and efficiently without influencing their answers, or making them feel interrogated - we still want to delight our customers whenever we can!
- Making fair decisions based on external regulations and internal policies, to deliver fair outcomes for our customers.
- Engaging with other banks and financial institutions about reports of fraudulent behaviour.
In applying for this role it is essential that you have experience in one or more of the following:
- Investigating unauthorised transaction fraud (both card fraud and FPS)
- Investigating authorised push payment fraud
- Engaging with other banks and financial institutions about reports of fraudulent behaviour
- Securing fraudulent funds so that they can be returned to victims
You should apply if:
- You can start on 5th September and can attend an interview on Thursday 4th August 2022
- You are a UK resident currently living in the UK and have the right to work in the UK.
- You have experience working in operational fraud investigation teams
- You actively follow current fraud trends and typologies.
- You love connecting the dots and solving problems.
- You are comfortable making judgement-based decisions in a changing environment.
- You’re great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English.
- You’re excited by our mission of making money work for everyone.
This is a distributed (work from home) role, but you can be based in our Cardiff office if you would prefer to work in an office environment.
The application process consists of some initial application questions (please take your time, we read these carefully!) and a remote assessment centre.
Your working life and shift requirements ☀️
You will get paid £22,250 - £23,320 depending on direct and relevant experience (£22,984 - £24,484 if you are based in Greater London) and a huge range of benefits. All Monzo team members get share options as part of their package.
You’ll be working remotely on an ‘open availability’ contract basis, to make sure we're always here to help and allow 24/7 customer telephony support, meaning your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis.
To make sure we have enough cover on weekends, you'll work some other weekend days and get days off in the same working week. All of our full time COps are guaranteed 1 full weekend off each month.
🏡 To work remotely you'll also need:
- to work from home in the UK in a safe, private and distraction free environment
- a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed - 3 mbps)
- We'll provide you with a work laptop on your first day. There's no need to supply your own.
- You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
Questions about this role or application process? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers) or email us if we need to make any adjustments to the application process because of disability or neurodiversity.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.
Want to learn more about Monzo? Visit Monzo's website.
File hosting service