- Mentoring, coaching and supporting a team of designers, production artists and quality control.
- Managing the creation of multiple customer design projects on a daily basis through ticket assignment, creative direction and hands-on design work while meeting strict turn arounds.
- Managing quality control queue to ensure customer designs meet MOO standards Managing customer reach outs for any issues or problem files while ensuring we meet print deadlines.
- Act as the liaison between the sales/service and design team to ensure they effectively make sound decisions for the best of MOO Customers.
- Provide regular status reports; communicating effectively to department heads on team’s progress and any issues that need to be addressed.
- Assist in leadership discussions, workload prioritization and strategic initiativesChampion process changes and assist with ideation and implementation of new workflows, systems and other department initiatives
- The “go to’ person for solving customer design issues with the Sales and Services Teams both locally and globally.
- Inspiring and engaging your team through creative activities and projects
- Management of ad-hoc design projects for other internal stakeholders
The person we appoint to this role will be enthusiastic, imaginative, optimistic and keen to work as part of a team. To be considered for the role, you’ll need to show you have:
- Advanced industry experience in an artworking role or relevant design qualification.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite(Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Demonstrated leadership experience and proven ability to lead and develop a team
- Ability and willingness to adapt and lead a team through change
- Able to influence and impact changes in processes.
- Strong design, print and production knowledge.
- Demonstrate exceptional service skills for both our internal and external customers and champion this within your team.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- An appreciation of creative standards (strong layout, typographic and visualising skills)
- Fanatical about the smallest of details
- Passionate about people – internal and external customers as well as team members
- Familiar with typography and best practices for kerning, leading, tracking and font management.
- Portfolio required
We bring great design together with technology We’re an online print and design company that is passionate about great design and the difference it can make to our customers and the world. MOO launched back in 2006 with the aim to disrupt the trillion-dollar global print industry and make great design available to all by combining professional design with the accessibility and reach of the web. We want to set a new standard for print, with remarkable new products that bring great design and uncompromising, high standards to the web. While many other printers have chosen to use new technologies to simply reduce the costs of printing (and often the quality), we strive to make print not only cost-effective but better than ever before. We believe in the power of great design Design is key to everything MOO does. Design helps us stand out: from the clothes we wear, to the homes we live in, to the business cards we use. Design tells a story about us and what we stand for. But professional-quality design has traditionally been expensive or out of reach for most people; we want to change this. We're passionate about helping people of all abilities design the best looking and highest quality print products: products that will help them or their business look great. Our company vision is simple but ambitious: "great design for everyone". More about MOO... MOO is an award-winning online print and design company. MOO prints millions of cards a month and has hundreds of thousands of customers in more than 190 countries. MOO has also become a much-loved brand, with a 75% NetPromoter rating. The company has won 3 Webby awards, has been profiled in the Financial Times, and was ranked in the top 10 UK start-up companies by the Guardian Newspaper. MOO has since grown to have 6 locations across the UK and US.