- Build an efficient, scaleable, production operation that aligns to MOO’s commitment to the customer while supporting product development and launches.
- Develops strategic operating plans and responds to changing business conditions, with an emphasis on customer satisfaction through continuous process improvement.
- Develops and maintains an organizational design that is aligned with the achievement of overall business objectives and is responsive to customer needs.
- Evaluate operational processes and procedures and develop strategies and implementation plans to improve and standardize all aspects of operations.
- Develop and implement methods and systems to control operating costs.
- Manage the resolution and escalation of issues that arise.
- Financial proficiency required to establish well thought out budgets and resource plans for the manufacturing operations. Monitor and perform within the forecasted plan. Identify, communicate, and drive labor, other variable, and base cost leverage.
- Ensures resources such as manpower, equipment efficiency, capacity, and materials are aligned to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Work closely with product design/engineering to ensure new products are seamlessly transitioned into production through a well-defined new product introduction process.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan.
- Track key performance indicators that drive change and provide visibility to the manufacturing and leadership teams. Monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results.
- As a member of the executive team, drive successful cross-functional initiatives, setting direction, engaging multiple parties, executing outcomes, and communicating to key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of successful experience leading low volume, high mix manufacturing operations across multiple sites; to include international.
- Must have in depth knowledge of vertically integrated e-commerce workflows and how they interface with manufacturing systems.
- Significant experience implementing and applying lean methodologies in a diverse manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical analytical skills including Value Stream Mapping, PFMEA, statistical methods and six sigma techniques.
- Effective in developing and setting operational goals and metrics.
- Business and strategic planning capability.
- Effective interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions while coordinating multiple projects, programs, variables, and priorities.
- Effective communications and influence skills to work across all levels of the organization to gain support, drive team results and maintain effective lines of communication.
Nice to Haves:
- Master’s degree.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification and Lean Manufacturing.
- 10 years of experience developing, managing and leading a diverse manufacturing team focused on quality, customer satisfaction and cost efficiency.
- Experience collaborating with software and process engineers in defining tools, dashboards and reports to effectively manage a made-to-order product manufacturing environment.
We bring great design together with technology We’re an online print and design company that is passionate about great design and the difference it can make to our customers and the world. MOO launched back in 2006 with the aim to disrupt the trillion-dollar global print industry and make great design available to all by combining professional design with the accessibility and reach of the web. We want to set a new standard for print, with remarkable new products that bring great design and uncompromising, high standards to the web. While many other printers have chosen to use new technologies to simply reduce the costs of printing (and often the quality), we strive to make print not only cost-effective but better than ever before. We believe in the power of great design Design is key to everything MOO does. Design helps us stand out: from the clothes we wear, to the homes we live in, to the business cards we use. Design tells a story about us and what we stand for. But professional-quality design has traditionally been expensive or out of reach for most people; we want to change this. We're passionate about helping people of all abilities design the best looking and highest quality print products: products that will help them or their business look great. Our company vision is simple but ambitious: "great design for everyone". More about MOO... MOO is an award-winning online print and design company. MOO prints millions of cards a month and has hundreds of thousands of customers in more than 190 countries. MOO has also become a much-loved brand, with a 75% NetPromoter rating. The company has won 3 Webby awards, has been profiled in the Financial Times, and was ranked in the top 10 UK start-up companies by the Guardian Newspaper. MOO has since grown to have 6 locations across the UK and US.