Product Manager (Embedded Hardware)
moovel North America, Portland, OR
An urban mobility company, making cities smarter
moovel North America is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team. We are focused on ever changing way we move around cities - more efficiently, easily, and affordably. You will own the vision and execution for one of moovel’s product lines, and ensure that each product in the line is of the highest caliber. The Product Manager will help define what success means and hold the business accountable for delivering product features and customer experiences that align with our business strategy. The position will be focused on concepting, building and deploying mobility as a service (MaaS) products and services across different modes of transport including public transit, on demand, bike, car and ride sharing. The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in tech, transportation/mobility, and will be passionate about moovel’s mission and vision.
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer. moovel builds products that people use every day, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Define and “own” the vision for your product line
- Deeply understand the customer and determine and customers' needs and desires using design thinking approaches
- Work closely with Business Development and Account Management to help educate customer understanding of the product offering
- Applying Lean and Agile product management to define, manage, and prioritize epics, stories and minimal viable products (MVPs)
- Perform market and user validation and develop business cases for investing in new greenfield opportunities.
- Apply the Jobs to Be Done methodology to understand user needs
- Build a product roadmap for your product and clearly communicate progress to all stakeholders
- Define OKRs and KPIs for your product and set quarterly goals to drive improvement
- Define experiments, A/B tests, acceptance criteria to iterate and improve the overall customer experience
- Manage and prioritize Cross Functional Team backlog
- Mock-up product features and collaborate closely with our Product Design Team
- Define a product roll-out (GTM) strategy and coordinate with our Marketing team
- Other duties as required by the Company
- Minimum of 5+ years as a Product Manager or equivalent responsibilities, with recent experience of managing software product lifecycle.
- Have multiple successful product launches under your belt from concept to delivery
- Worked with JIRA and Confluence to manage an Agile workflow (MVPs, etc)
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them; Be empowered and comfortable in making decisions without consensus and have the ability and drive and influence key stakeholders
- Experience working closely with UX/UI teams to rapidly iterate and test concepts
- You have experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions.
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications.
- Scrum, Agile development
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Product management or team leadership experience
- Experience with embedded hardware products and their delivery
- Experience with contactless technologies such as optical/rfid/nfc/bluetooth/wifi
- Background with vendor selection and management
- Ability to work with teams to define, and then own, detailed product requirements.
- Comfortable collaborating with and capturing requirements from external clients, and adding additional requirements as needed
- Able to internally collate and present concise product-line visions and strategy
- Polished presentation skills, able to influence at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills
- Agile, adaptable and capable of delivering new products and features iteratively
- Entrepreneurial, organized, autonomous, and self-driven
- Able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically
- Desire to work with a team that ships quality product quickly
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Travel approximately up to 10-20% of time
Who We Are:
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 6% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer a transit allowance, gym allowance, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About moovel North America
Cities around the world are evolving and, as a result, urban mobility has become an ecosystem of connected modes of transportation.
Moving around in cities, we travel in different ways, including walking, biking, riding public transit, and using cars. With the rise of new technologies and the on-demand economy, providing us access to whatever we want, whenever we want, transportation is no longer just a question of options, but of convenience and ease of use.
With transportation on the edge of disruption, Daimler, the company that invented the automobile in 1886 and owns Mercedes-Benz, founded moovel to reinvent the concept of urban mobility. At moovel, we aim to discover how new technologies will affect the way we move tomorrow and connect the ever-changing state of urban transportation.
moovel offers new ways to connect the urban mobility ecosystem with our three complementary products: moovel app, moovel transit and RideTap.
Want to learn more about moovel North America? Visit moovel North America's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Product
Director, Product Marketing
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Technical Writer - Customer Education
Senior Product Manager, Infrastructure
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Freelance Product Designer
Axios, New York, NY
Product Support Engineer
Bluecore, New York City