Sr. Android Engineer
moovel North America, Portland, OR
An urban mobility company, making cities smarter
moovel North America is looking for a Senior Android Engineer interested in delivering world-class mobile applications to transit agencies and users throughout the world. The ideal candidate believes development is a team activity and enjoys it being that way. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are willing to fill any role to help their team be successful.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working collaboratively in an agile cross-functional team
- Contributing to the design and development of new products and services
- Supporting existing products and services that people are using everyday
- Applying development best practices to your work
- Crafting clean code supported by automated tests
- Leaving the code base in a better state than you found it
- Reviewing user interface designs and providing feedback
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure consistency and promote reuse
- Mentoring other Android developers to increase knowledge and productivity
- Working with Product Owner and Product Manager to understand requirements
- Estimating level of effort and story points to support planning
- Collaborating on architecture and technical solution design
- Utilizing your technical expertise to help solve problems and propose solutions
- Writing automated unit, integration and e2e tests with your features
- Performing manual testing when needed and identifying how to automate it moving forward
- Improving the performance, availability and overall quality of our platform
- Other duties as required by the company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of Android development experience
- Expertise in Java and the Android SDK
- Experience working with RESTful web services and JSON
- Complete understanding of the mobile development life cycle
- Expert knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with Kotlin
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to be productive with a multiple languages, frameworks and paradigms
- Willingness and capacity to learn new frameworks and languages quickly
- Positive attitude and a willingness to step into legacy code base
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Travel required: 0-5% of the time
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer. moovel builds products that people use every day, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 6% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer a transit allowance, gym allowance, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About moovel North America
ABOUT US Cities around the world are evolving and, as a result, urban mobility has become an ecosystem of connected modes of transportation. Moving around in cities, we travel in different ways, including walking, biking, riding public transit, and using cars. With the rise of new technologies and the on-demand economy, providing us access to whatever we want, whenever we want, transportation is no longer just a question of options, but of convenience and ease of use. With transportation on the edge of disruption, Daimler, the company that invented the automobile in 1886 and owns Mercedes-Benz, founded moovel to reinvent the concept of urban mobility. At moovel, we aim to discover how new technologies will affect the way we move tomorrow and connect the ever-changing state of urban transportation. moovel offers new ways to connect the urban mobility ecosystem with our three complementary products: moovel app, moovel transit and RideTap.
Want to learn more about moovel North America? Visit moovel North America's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Junior Engineer, Data Platforms
Group Nine Media, Group Nine Media, New York, NY
Principal Client Technologist
Cloud Technology Partners, Boston, MA
Operations Program Manager
Qualtrics , Provo, UT
Software Engineer (Scala)
LiveIntent, LiveIntent Berlin