moovel North America, Portland, OR
An urban mobility company, making cities smarter
moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. We’re a corporate start-up within the Daimler ecosystem pioneering the next era of mobility. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. It’s a lofty goal, but one that inspires us every day to bring to life. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform.
We’re looking for an Android Engineer to help shape the future of mobility together. We provide an epic space that fosters collaboration and creativity in one of the coolest buildings in downtown Portland. We’ve got all the perks of tech with a stocked kitchen, an open and flexible work environment, fun extracurricular activities and a unique culture that puts people first. What we’re looking for is exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As moovel’s next Android Engineer you’ll be responsible for delivering world-class mobile applications to transit agencies and users throughout the world. The ideal candidate believes development is a team activity and enjoys it being that way. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are willing to fill any role to help their team be successful. moovel will assist with relocation costs for out of state candidates.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working collaboratively in an agile cross-functional team
- Contributing to the design and development of new products and services
- Supporting existing products and services that people are using everyday
- Applying development best practices to your work
- Crafting clean code supported by automated tests
- Leaving the code base in a better state than you found it
- Reviewing user interface designs and providing feedback
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure consistency and promote reuse
- Working with Product Owner and Product Manager to understand requirements
- Estimating level of effort and story points to support planning
- Writing automated unit, integration and e2e tests with your features
- Performing manual testing when needed and identifying how to automate it moving forward
- Improving the performance, availability and overall quality of our platform
- Other duties as required by the company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of Android development experience
- Expertise in Java and the Android SDK
- Experience working with RESTful web services and JSON
- Complete understanding of the mobile development life cycle
- Thorough knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with Kotlin
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to be productive with a multiple languages, frameworks and paradigms
- Willingness and capacity to learn new frameworks and languages quickly
- Positive attitude and a willingness to step into legacy code base
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Travel required: 0-5% of the time
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 8% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer transit, gym and cell phone allowances, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About moovel North America
Cities around the world are evolving and, as a result, urban mobility has become an ecosystem of connected modes of transportation.
Moving around in cities, we travel in different ways, including walking, biking, riding public transit, and using cars. With the rise of new technologies and the on-demand economy, providing us access to whatever we want, whenever we want, transportation is no longer just a question of options, but of convenience and ease of use.
With transportation on the edge of disruption, Daimler, the company that invented the automobile in 1886 and owns Mercedes-Benz, founded moovel to reinvent the concept of urban mobility. At moovel, we aim to discover how new technologies will affect the way we move tomorrow and connect the ever-changing state of urban transportation.
moovel offers new ways to connect the urban mobility ecosystem with our three complementary products: moovel app, moovel transit and RideTap.
Want to learn more about moovel North America? Visit moovel North America's website.
Jobs You May Like
Solutions Architect (Provo)
Engineering Program Manager
Zuora, San Mateo
Software Engineer, Distributed Systems - Nomad
HashiCorp, Remote US/UK/Canada/Netherlands/France/Germany
Solutions Architect - DACH
Elastic, Distributed, Germany
Software Engineer PHP / eCommerce Platforms
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
CloudHealth Technologies, London