The target location for this position is Pocket's San Francisco office.
We’re looking for a passionate, driven and experienced Product Designer to help us craft world-class user experiences across Pocket’s entire platform.
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention on any device and on their own time. If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you.
We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to own projects from start to finish that have tremendous impact on large numbers of people, across many different devices and platforms. Your role will fundamentally affect the success of Pocket.
There are countless UX challenges in our pipeline and you’ll be at the forefront of our efforts, directly responsible for decisions that form the product and impact the daily experience of millions. You’ll use your full range of skills from user experience, interaction design, visual design and user research to build impactful experiences.
Come work with us and make a big impact.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our tight-knit, collaborative team, guided by a highly iterative design process
- Design product experiences across Pocket’s entire platform for all major software platforms (including iOS, Android and Web) from concept to completion
- Validate ideas and design decisions with qualitative and quantitative feedback by conducting and analyzing user research
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, data analysts and support teams to define the product and user experience strategy
- Push the visual style of Pocket forward and help maintain its consistency by designing and documenting visual systems and style guides
What you already have:
- A diverse portfolio of projects that demonstrate your skills in product design
- At least three to five years of experience designing cross-platform products for desktop, web, iOS, and Android, and familiarity both with launching new features as well as improving existing features
- A passion for validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and user testing
- A mindset for both detail-oriented UI and micro-interactions as well as design systems and consistent, reusable patterns
- Great communication skills and an ability to explain your design decisions clearly, including the problem you are solving, alternative options you considered, and preferred solutions
- An interest in high-level product strategy and vision and a recognition of how your work can impact it
- A desire to work in a self-driven environment with short feedback loops
- A comfort with sharing your opinions balanced with a collaborative attitude and deep empathy for users
- A strong point of view on design and a sensibility compatible with Pocket’s visual style
Pocket (Read It Later, Inc) was founded in 2007 by Nate Weiner to help people save interesting articles, videos and more from the web for later enjoyment. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device — phone, tablet or computer. It can be viewed while waiting in line, on the couch, during commutes or travel — even offline.
The world's leading save-for-later service currently has more than 30 million registered users and is integrated into more than 1,500 apps. It is available for major devices and platforms including iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac, Kindle Fire, Kobo, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Windows
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About us At Mozilla, we’re a global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working together to keep the Internet alive and accessible, so people worldwide can be informed contributors and creators of the Web. We believe this act of human collaboration across an open platform is essential to individual growth and our collective future.
Want to learn more about Mozilla? Visit Mozilla's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Product Manager
Tradeshift, Suzhou, China
Big Data Engineer
Braintree Payments, San Francisco
Senior Data Engineer
Newsela, New York, NY
Product Analytics Manager - Cloud Filesystem
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Information Architect
Hudl, Lincoln, NE or Boston, MA