Timing: Immediately, 6-months
Mozilla Corporation’s Open Innovation Team is seeking a Project Manager to support multiple cross-functional projects and ensure deliverables are met.
Our mantra is “open by design”. We connect Mozilla’s product and technology initiatives with external collaborators and contributors as a centre of excellence for open methods. Much of our work involves delivering complicated projects that cross organizational boundaries (internal and external), with ad hoc project teams, multiple partners and tight deadlines.
As a Project Manager, your role will be to support 2-3 project teams over the time of this contract. Each of these projects has a mixture of programmatic, communication and technology/engineering components that need to be synchronized and kept on-track.
Do you add order to disorder? Do you bring people and opinions together? Do your friends and colleagues ask you for tips on organizing their work or lives? Do you despise this quote from Douglas Adams, “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by”?
You are seasoned project manager with at least a few years of experience. You have experience on multidisciplinary teams and have a background in digital/technology/engineering projects as well as general project management. You build trust quickly with a wide range of people, and get projects delivered.
- Support 2-3 projects with existing cross-functional teams
- Create and maintain a project charter for each of the projects
- Create and maintain roadmaps, including dependencies, critical path items and risk mitigation plans
- Schedule and chair regular project meetings, and ensure follow-up on action items
- Identify and communicate project risks, and work quickly to get them resolved
- Facilitate the identification and resolution of issues and decisions with project teams
- Establish, maintain and regularly report metrics on health and progress of projects
- Develop and drive processes to ensure each project is regularly capturing and communicating lessons
- Keep an updated project plan and timeline so anyone can go into the project to see the progress, main blockers and risk mitigation plans
- Establish a stakeholder list and communication schedule to inform others about project progress
- You have a track record of delivering projects under time pressure with cross-functional teams and multiple partners
- Examples of your skills in the following areas: project charters/roadmaps, clear written communication, detail orientation (will seek this out during the interview process)
- You have the ability build consensus and drive decision-making
- You can take loosely defined requirements or projects and distill them into actionable items
- You can juggle many activities without losing sight of the highest priority items
- You have experience with software development methodologies, including Agile
- You have a strong sense of accountability
- You are self-motivated while also being a standout colleague
- You have worked with a geographically dispersed team
- You demonstrate commitment to equity, access and inclusion
- Experience working with external partners and volunteers
- Experience contributing to an open source project and community
- Familiarity with GitHub
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our new Berlin office is located in Kreuzberg and features: a beautiful view of the Spree, gender neutral bathrooms, wheelchair access, a bike room, snacks, catered lunch and German classes.
About us At Mozilla, we’re a global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working together to keep the Internet alive and accessible, so people worldwide can be informed contributors and creators of the Web. We believe this act of human collaboration across an open platform is essential to individual growth and our collective future.
Want to learn more about Mozilla? Visit Mozilla's website.
Jobs You May Like
Learning and Development Lead
Monzo, London, UK
Element AI, Toronto
Site Reliability Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Copenhagen, Denmark
NGINX, San Francisco
Operations Manager - Long Beach / Orange County / San Diego
Postmates, Los Angeles
Assistant Store Leader, South Congress
Warby Parker, Austin, TX