The location for this contract, part-time position is our Mozilla Berlin Office only.
Mozilla is looking for you to contribute to a close-knit virtual Service Desk, supporting neighboring offices and sharing a dynamic workload, while offering standout abilities to the global team.
Our business-savvy IT organization needs an enthusiastic advocate for enabling our users to always be productive and driving the Mozilla mission. The main point of contact for Mozillians based in the Paris office and providing support to our other EU offices in Berlin and London as and when required.
Responsible for incidents and problems that are raised and provide continuous feedback to customers and IT partners through to resolution. Collaborating with the End-User Services team, Network Operations, Audio-visual Operations and Workplace Resources team internally. Facilitating relationships with external vendors including the designated AV and telecom companies.
Customer focused to ensure the best technology is available to people both individually and collectively. A positive approach and attitude with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English that will enable you to support local and other regional customers through various channels of communicating i.e. email, chat, phone or face-to-face.
Responsible for the configuration and initial setup of Mac, Windows, and Linux laptops and desktops, as well as desk phones, tablets, and printers. Supporting the team to answer a variety of How-to questions, resolving technical glitches and ensuring availability of critical conference room equipment.
- Enthusiasm to seek problems and resolve complex individual support issues in a global environment and provide appropriate follow-up and communications through to closure
- Identify network connection issues, Conference room AV concerns, and any other site-impacting events before raising to the offsite dedicated teams
- Setup and support mobile devices including Android and Apple, managing of Apple/Windows/Redhat/Ubuntu/Linux ecosystem endpoints
- Administer user accounts and VoIP phones, configure, upgrade, and relocate ecosystem software and print devices
- You will be required to document all incidents and requests with detail and accuracy to better see opportunities for improvement
- Track documented issue trends in our knowledge Management system to establish a rich IT knowledge base in order to promote self-help
Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting Windows and/or Macs in an enterprise environment including hardware installation and configuration
- Ability to work proficiently and autonomously when required and brings mature, seasoned skills when working with production systems;
- Expertise in supporting various local and network-based printing technologies deploying and supporting cell phones, phone systems, video conference equipment and various wireless devices
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc)
- Working knowledge of video (preferably Vidyo) and audio conferencing (preferably Clearone) systems/standards (H.264, H.323, SIP, Dante) and meeting room control systems (preferably Crestron)
- Review event requests and recommends solutions based on meeting requirements. Coordinate recordings and content delivery for distribution (AirMo)
- Schedule pre-testing sessions to prevent time-impacting issues, document results, and ensure contingency plans are in place prior to an event. Take down equipment and store correctly at the end of each event/conference
- Maintain conference room integrity through appropriate equipment/cable management. Call out housekeeping issues to appropriate parties. Ensure compliance with safety standards
- Provide assistance in the setup and operation of conferencing and events in various locations including Mozilla Spaces or off-site events as required
- Possess domain expertise in multiple areas of end-user computing technologies such as cloud storage, device management, and commonly used applications
- Effective and written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Experience with Wowsa/Wowsa Cloud, Encoding.com, VBrick
- Certifications from VC or streaming service providers
- Experience with JAMF Casper soluti
About us At Mozilla, we’re a global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working together to keep the Internet alive and accessible, so people worldwide can be informed contributors and creators of the Web. We believe this act of human collaboration across an open platform is essential to individual growth and our collective future.
Want to learn more about Mozilla? Visit Mozilla's website.
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Engineer
Senior Software Engineer, PS Games (Back End)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer (Palo Alto / Remote - US)
Quartzy, Quartzy HQ or Remote - US
Director, Software Engineering
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY
Product Manager, Simulation
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Dallas