Principal UX Designer, Enterprise
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Connecting the world's applications, data, and devices
MuleSoft is committed to building easy-to-use solutions for the complex challenges our users face, and we are looking for an exceptional design professional to help us get there. You have a deep passion for solving big problems with elegant solutions and a solid track record of conceiving and delivering extraordinary experiences.
You like calling the shots - driving your designs from ideation to implementation - and making your mark - your ideas directly influence MuleSoft’s growth and success. You will change the game and your ideas solve complex, important problems affecting businesses around the world. You'll bring your A-game. You’re joining a well-rounded team of seasoned UX professionals, and you have a point of view on design and are able to articulate and defend it.
What you’ll achieve:
- You will be a contributing member of one or more teams, creating user experience design storyboards, conceptual maps, wireframes, UI specifications, and providing feedback on other UX team members’ designs
- You will be building interactive UX prototypes to test and validate designs, and iterating on your designs in response to peer and user feedback
- You will have a solid understanding of the MuleSoft universe, providing heuristic evaluations of existing interfaces and contributing new ideas for innovation and improvement
What you’ll need to be successful:
- The ability to attack all design challenges with energy and enthusiasm for making our users’ lives better
- Highly collaborative spirit, but also takes pride in ownership of the problem
- An amazing portfolio that demonstrates the use of creative and novel solutions to solve complex problems
- Proficiency generating interactive prototypes using whatever tool works to get the point across
- A BS-free vocabulary for dissecting and analyzing various user experiences and communicating their strengths and weaknesses
- A healthy disdain for inefficiency, bureaucracy, and groupthink
- A strong sense of humor, a strong sense of pride in your work, and a willingness to give and take feedback
- Domain experience in enterprise software tools and software aimed at technical audiences (developers, IT operations, etc.) is valuable but is neither sufficient on its own nor required - we want great designers, not subject matter experts
Over a decade ago, founder Ross Mason created a short string of text that pioneered a simple, powerful idea: why crank out custom code over and over when it's faster and more efficient to assemble the right components? Today, over 175,000 developers and leading companies in almost every industry depend on our game-changing platform.