A Principal Software Architect at MuleSoft is someone who knows all the technical details to enlighten others and goes beyond of his duties to do the right thing for the product, company, and customers. He is someone who can build a vision for a challenging complex projects and be able to transmit it to all kinds of audiences.
Our ideal candidate has an incredible track of records showing how he turned every project into a success and is eager to make great things to impact how the world integrates their applications. We are looking for someone truly passionate about technology, who will be relentless until our products are leaders in the market, and can drive a team of exceptional talents to achieve the best solution for our clients. The impact is direct and major, on the trajectory of the company (you are an owner), on our customers, and on the industry as a whole.
What you'll achieve:
- Own overall product architecture, including its direction, its principles, its various levels of abstraction, and its current state. Drive its information hierarchy and structures, domains of responsibility, key technologies
- Work closely with the platform architect team to create a shared vision for each area's architecture and how the pieces fit together
- Keep this real, up to date, agile -- the opposite of an ivory tower
- Iteratively evolve the product architecture based on discoveries made while "peeling the onion", real-world implementation experience, product feedback, roadmap priorities, and other realities
- Architect not only the long-term state but also the path to get there, accounting for near-term product deliverables, technical debt, and the maturity and likely evolution of relevant technologies
- Lead by example and work closely with engineers and other architects on strategic initiatives, designing high-quality software, providing detailed feedback in design and code reviews, and bringing the craft of software engineering to bear on everything we do
- Innovate and lead explorations into new areas and new technologies, within the company but also with other industry leaders
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Evaluate new technologies and stay current with a broad range industry trends and developments
- Hack. Blog and tweet and talk. Often.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Always have an opinion on a software architecture, design, and best practices and can communicate it constructively and articulately to teammates, management, and our users (through blog articles and forum postings)
- A hands-on, practical approach to software and technology. You code. You deploy. You integrate. You prove by doing.
- A can-do approach backed by accomplishments: they said it couldn’t be done, so I came in and found a smart way and made it happen, and ended up delivering.
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Understand great software is judged by the user, will learn how our products are used by others and find ways to improve it
- Amaze everybody with your technical knowledge and ability to motivate a team to technical excellence
- Educate clients on how they can solve their problems in the best possible way
What you’ll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. As a Muley, you’ll receive health insurance for you and your family, equity, competitive salary with twice yearly market salary revisions, annual performance bonus, and flexible vacation time. Plus the fun stuff, like a fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, volunteer opportunities, twice-yearly hackathons, office celebrations, and MeetUp, our annual all-company offsite in California. Check out our Life at MuleSoft page to learn more!
Over a decade ago, founder Ross Mason created a short string of text that pioneered a simple, powerful idea: why crank out custom code over and over when it's faster and more efficient to assemble the right components? Today, over 175,000 developers and leading companies in almost every industry depend on our game-changing platform.
Want to learn more about MuleSoft? Visit MuleSoft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software QA Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Fitbit, US - Boston
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Jr. Android Developer (Contract)
moovel North America, Portland, OR