Senior Technical Writer
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Connecting the world's applications, data, and devices
MuleSoft is looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated Senior Technical Writer to produce high-quality technical content for developers or DevOps engineers. You know how to work collaboratively with other writers, Product Management, Engineering, customers, and others to create the technical topics and examples that customers can find on Google.
Phrases such as “topic-based,” “Google-ready,” “developer-focused,” “task-oriented,” and “component documentation” flow naturally whenever you talk about your work. You are unafraid to ask questions because you love to learn about complex technologies. If you are a problem-solver who can deliver quality content in a demanding environment under tight deadlines, then this may be your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level on a small, agile writing team at a fast-growing company.
What you’ll achieve:
- You understand all of the core use cases for one or more technologies and are able to thoroughly document them
- You are self-directed in working with engineering to gather doc requirements for upcoming releases, proactively responding to feedback about documentation for your focused technology or technologies
- You understand our other technologies well enough to write topics for larger team deliverables and have developed a strong relationship with Engineering to manage successful tech review of new or existing content
- You demonstrate expertise in one or more of MuleSoft’s technologies and know how our customers use them
- You have a reputation for writing trusted guidance and have built a strong working relationship with Engineering stakeholders to draft, review, and publish content
- You proactively respond to and seek documentation feedback from internal and external customers
- You have evaluated one or more documentation sets, implement organizational and structural changes, and taken ownership of the process of peer and technical reviews of your content
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to read and, ideally, write code in Java or a scripting language
- Experience documenting APIs, SDKs, and cloud-based enterprise software
- Experience with Git, Markdown, and working from the command line required
- Experience with DITA and optimizing content for Google is a plus
- Ability to break down problems
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong voice and sharp eye for structure, along with the subject-matter knowledge required for credibility
- Strong understanding of agile software development
- Java is a plus
What you’ll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. As a Muley, you’ll be based in our downtown Union Square HQ and receive comprehensive health benefits, life insurance, paid parental leave, 401K, equity, and flexible vacation time. Plus the fun stuff, like a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, volunteer opportunities, onsite happy hours and free yoga classes, annual rafting trip and offsite activities, and MeetUp, our annual all-company offsite in California. Check out our Life at MuleSoft page to learn more!
Over a decade ago, founder Ross Mason created a short string of text that pioneered a simple, powerful idea: why crank out custom code over and over when it's faster and more efficient to assemble the right components? Today, over 175,000 developers and leading companies in almost every industry depend on our game-changing platform.
Want to learn more about MuleSoft? Visit MuleSoft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Online Progression Engineer
Information Security Analyst Co-Op - Fall 2018
Software Engineer, Distribution & Syndication
Software Engineer, Advanced Applications (Senior/Staff/Principal)
Okta, Toronto, Canada
Pivotal Software, Beijing
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv-Yafo