Principal Software Engineer, Identity & Access Management
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Connecting the world's applications, data, and devices
The Identity team designs, builds, and operates a core suite of web-scale microservices that are responsible for everything in the realm of identity management and governance. These microservices undergird the entirety of the MuleSoft platform and handle billions of requests on a weekly basis. Engineers in this group leverage cutting edge technologies like Node.js, Docker, and Kubernetes to build microservices for maintainability, performance, and scale. As a principal engineer, you will take a lead role in design and delivery on a small SCRUM team.
What you’ll achieve:
- Get comfortable with MuleSoft tools and processes
- Consult with internal stakeholders on Identity & Access Management best practices and standards within MuleSoft, such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and SAML
- Start cutting code!
- Own the process of federating our Identity Services globally for scale and manageability
- Act as the subject matter expert on the Identity domain as it relates to the MuleSoft platform
- Consult with other teams on projects that leverage multi-factor authentication, leveraging your expertise to provide guidance on design and architecture
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Most importantly, you have demonstrated mastery in the Identity & Access Management (IAM) domain
- Experience designing event-driven microservices for performance and scale. You have a point of view about best practices in architecting fault-tolerant, loosely-coupled distributed systems
- You care about the quality and maintainability of your code. You are unwilling to compromise on quality and are a pragmatic perfectionist
- You collaborate with other teams and are able to think broadly about how your work impacts other teams within the organization
What you’ll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. As a Muley, you’ll be based in our downtown Union Square HQ and receive comprehensive health benefits, life insurance, paid parental leave, 401K, equity, and flexible vacation time. Plus the fun stuff, like a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, volunteer opportunities, onsite happy hours and free yoga classes, annual rafting trip and offsite activities, and MeetUp, our annual all-company offsite in California. Check out our Life at MuleSoft page to learn more!
Over a decade ago, founder Ross Mason created a short string of text that pioneered a simple, powerful idea: why crank out custom code over and over when it's faster and more efficient to assemble the right components? Today, over 175,000 developers and leading companies in almost every industry depend on our game-changing platform.
Want to learn more about MuleSoft? Visit MuleSoft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Augmented Reality
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Specialized, Xiamen, China
Full Stack Engineer
Yoyo Wallet, London
User Experience Design Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, Denver
Looker, Santa Cruz
Full Stack Software Engineer
Greenhouse, New York, NY