Multiply, New York, NY
Connecting the Interesting with the Interested.
DOMINO is looking to hire a Managing Editor to join our growing editorial team. This is a communication-based operations role that will impact both print and digital content. The managing editor will be responsible for establishing and overseeing the production calendar for both our quarterly print magazine and our daily digital content. You will help create an editorial operation that seamlessly integrates our print and digital voice, effectively streamline production, and help grow readership.
Who’s a good fit?
You love style. You thrive on creating and commanding process. You’re incredibly detail-oriented and looking for efficiencies to make sure the team is working smarter, not harder. You’re a strong communicator with good instincts and a mind for problem-solving. You are goal oriented and want to help Domino become a publishing leader and go-to editorial destination.
- Oversee the digital editorial calendar with a focus on:
- The day-to-day execution of digital publishing (assignments, planning, deadlines, and editing)
- Managing the workload of editorial writers and ensuring that each team member is meeting their weekly quota
- Maintaining a balance between evergreen, SEO, and sponsored stories
- Assigning stories following pitch meetings
- Assure the editorial team is meeting established monthly production and performance goals
- Train and manage new hires
- Optimize workflow efficiencies between editorial and creative teams by establishing and enforcing deadlines
- Partner with the Digital Content Director to track content performance to ensure the team is hitting traffic goals and helping the team prioritize top-performers
- Establish and oversee production calendar for each issue (4), including timeline for text, market, design, photo shoots, layout review, and finalizing files
- Ensure deadlines are met across editorial, design, and visuals/creative with regular meetings and individual check-ins with different team members
- Draft and manage freelancer contracts
- Help oversee editorial budget for each issue
- Act as main point person for print production within Domino, as well as between Domino and printer and distributors
- Liaise with digital team on roll-out schedule for cover reveal, Instagram takeovers, and promotion of issue launch
What you have:
- 5 years experience in digital and/or print publishing
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Proven track record of managing a production schedule
- Writing and editing experience is a huge plus!
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Insurance; 3 Plan options-Insurance is effective on first day of employment
- Dental / Vision / Rx Drug Insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy – 15 Days (to start) & 11 Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - 2 Days per year
- 401k Savings Plan plus Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Commuter and Transit Benefits
- Maternity (16 Paid Weeks) / Paternity (4 Paid Weeks) / Adoption Leave (4 Paid Weeks)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About us Multiply is a Digital Publishing and Technology Platform. At the core of all our brands is our mission to find and create the most engaging, interesting content. Looking back through history, we’ve found that the most interesting moments are the ones that catch your attention, the ones you want to share, and the ones you want to remember. We're dedicated to being your go-to source for this content that provides you these interesting and informative moments. #BeMoreInteresting
Want to learn more about Multiply? Visit Multiply's website.
Jobs You May Like
BGB Group, BGB Group