Lead Software Engineer, Services
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Online calorie counter and diet plan
As a Technical Lead on the MyFitnessPal Services team you will...
- Design and implement high performance scalable data centric microservices
- Provide leadership and coaching to increase the success of your team
- Lead communication with product teams, client teams and other teams in the organization
- Impart technical expertise to improve/refactor existing services and processes
- Translate big ideas into simple, elegant solutions
- 7+ years recommended experience writing software within an Agile or similar development environment
- Experience with at least two programming or scripting languages and a desire to learn more
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc) and/or NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with web application frameworks (Rails, Akka, Finagle, Spring, Django, etc.)
- Experience with Ruby, Scala, Java
- High volume Message Queues (Kafka, Resque)
- AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Caching strategy and implementation (Memcached, Redis)
- Microservices architectures
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles is a plus.
MyFitnessPal has joined Under Armour and has teamed up with MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and UA Record to form the Connected Fitness Business Division. Connected Fitness is the world's largest digital health and fitness community.
Want to learn more about MyFitnessPal? Visit MyFitnessPal's website.
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Engineer
Knewton, New York, NY
Software Engineer, Intern (Fall/Winter 2018)
MemSQL, San Francisco, CA
Staff Software Engineer
HelloSign, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Security
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA