Senior Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Online calorie counter and diet plan
MyFitnessPal, part of Under Armour Connected Fitness, is looking for a senior Android developer to help us improve and grow our top ranked nutrition and fitness app that’s helping our 130 million users reach their health goals.
We're a small team and you’ll get to focus on big, meaningful technical challenges. We’re looking for someone who will make an outsized impact. You should be interested in taking on as much responsibility as possible and be able to handle tasks independently. We want someone who’s a great collaborator and will enjoy working with the team as we push the app in new and exciting directions.
At MyFitnessPal, you will...
- Build Android experiences – phones, tablets, and any other device running Android.
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire engineering organization.
- Collaborate with the Product, Design, and QA teams during feature development
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features.
We are looking for someone that...
- Has a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture, including unit testing and integration testing
- Is proficient in Java and at least one other high-level language
- Has built at least one cloud-based app for Android
- Understands and utilizes Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Enjoys the challenge of building a highly scalable, performant consumer mobile applications
- Ideally, has built apps for multiple mobile platforms
- Ideally, has built backend services supporting mobile or web clients
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Writes clean, elegant, readable, testable, and well-documented code
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles is a plus
MyFitnessPal has joined Under Armour and has teamed up with MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and UA Record to form the Connected Fitness Business Division. Connected Fitness is the world's largest digital health and fitness community.
Want to learn more about MyFitnessPal? Visit MyFitnessPal's website.
Jobs You May Like
DevOps Engineering Intern (Undergraduate Student)
IBM, Multiple Cities
Agile Coach / Scrum Master (m/f)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Lyft for Business
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer
DraftKings, Boca Raton, FL
Front End Software Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA