This role is based in Austin, TX.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Project Manager to join us in the continuous development of the world’s largest health and fitness community with more than 200 million users worldwide. As a member of the Program Management Team, you will work closely with Product Management, Design, Engineering, QA, Partnerships and other business stakeholders to coordinate the delivery of digital products and features that help our users achieve their fitness goals.
We need someone who is detail-oriented and committed to delivering on time, with a high-quality bar. You are a problem solver, someone willing to break processes to make new ones. You should be a servant leader, able to motivate and own your project teams without authority. Our project stakeholders and business leaders require a great communicator in this role, someone able to illustrate the state of a program to an Under Armour executive but can also build dashboards and wikis for a scrum team.
It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of MyFitnessPal team and helping the largest health & fitness community.
- You serve as the bridge between MFP product and engineering goals and the results delivered by our project teams and improve the predictability of project results.
- You own regular status reporting and communications with internal and external teams + UA executives for your programs.
- You direct activities across multiple cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Engineering, QA, Partnerships, etc.), and proactively identify and manage dependencies across them.
- You escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines and work proactively with teams to support them in execution those projects.
- You conduct Agile ceremonies, including Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Demos for your projects.
- You track Delivery metrics for your project teams and advocate Retrospectives to identify opportunities to tune existing processes to raise the quality bar and deliver faster.
- You inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority for cross-functional team members on your projects.
- You are the liaison to teammates outside the core team, such as Media and Legal teams, and help them interact with your project teams.
- You innovate with the wider UACF Program Management Office to create a strategy for programs & projects to ship more effectively.
- 4+ years of experience working in a cross-functional team environment with a track record of being a part of software projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Scrum Master Certification
- Deep knowledge of agile principles and scrum/kanban processes.
- Acute attention to detail and exemplary communication & organization skills.
- Proficiency in software dependency management across technology stacks, for example middleware services, web and native applications.
- Flexibility to help teams execute without perfect process or overbearing checklists.
- Coordinate with third party vendors and remote teams to clear the path for your engineers to deliver projects on time.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence (alternatively: Rally, VersionOne, etc.).
- Experience delivering consumer software products – either as a business analyst, software developer or project manager.
- Experience coordinating software releases across multiple teams, including external groups like customer support, quality assurance, and marketing/partnerships teams.
MyFitnessPal has joined Under Armour and has teamed up with MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and UA Record to form the Connected Fitness Business Division. Connected Fitness is the world's largest digital health and fitness community.
Want to learn more about MyFitnessPal? Visit MyFitnessPal's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos