Execute the Legal function for Connected Fitness & Digital business initiatives; more specifically:
- Provide strategic, well-reasoned counsel to UA’s Connected Fitness and Digital Teams, including: Digital Global Partnerships, Global Engagement, Engineering, E-Commerce and Digital Product.
- Primarily responsible for structuring, drafting, reviewing, analyzing, negotiating and interpreting a wide range of complex business contracts.
- Serve as an embedded business partner with Connected Fitness and Digital Teammates in connection with engagement of external parties and execution on strategic projects and initiatives.
- Provision of general counseling to Connected Fitness and Digital Teammates on digital product development and drafting of all legal terms and conditions required for the commercialization and use of such products.
- Structure, draft, review, analyze, negotiate and interpret business contracts pertaining to initiatives undertaken by key Digital and Connected Fitness stakeholders; namely: Digital Global Partnerships, Global Engagement (e.g., content production agreements, including rights acquisition agreements, writer, production and talent agreement, and digital media and marketing agreements), Engineering, E-Commerce, and Product (e.g. Connected Footwear and “Big Data”).
- Embed with internal clients representing all levels of seniority in Connected Fitness and Digital to and serve as a trusted business partner in defining business strategy (related to short, mid, and long-term Business Unit operations and revenue plans), identifying business risks and advising on the commercial deployment and management of digital products.
- Educate Connected Fitness and Digital Teammates on contract provisions and form agreements, terms and conditions, remedies, indemnifications, etc.
- Independently negotiate contractual provisions and ensure product development considerations are made that provide coverage for and mitigate risk related to relevant Data Privacy and Security issues.
- Lead negotiations as predominant voice in the negotiation and resolution of contract disputes with third parties.
- Develop and maintain contract templates, support in development of business and legal processes and implement internal policies to help scale the business and ensure alignment to current business needs, policy demands and legal trends.
- Collaborate with other members of the Legal Team and Procurement in connection with contract terms and relationships as necessary.
- Manage outside counsel engaged to assist with discrete legal matters.
- Strong experience in negotiating and interpreting complex contracts.
- Superior analytic, writing, editing and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and work efficiently in a high-volume, results-oriented environment.
- Highly organized with strong problem solving skills and a drive for efficiency.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage expectations.
- Acute problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrate key interpersonal skills required to effectively counsel internal clients; notably, serve as strategic partner and thought leader and patiently assist internal clients in their preparation for and negotiation of contract documents.
- Ability to bridge different Teammates and functions to create collaborative work relationships.
- Initiative to expand knowledge base of subject matters pertinent to the Connected Fitness and Digital Businesses (e.g., CCPA, GDPR, DAA advertising protocols) to maintain and advance skillset.
- Good people skills and the ability to interface with Business Teammates
- Strong business acumen, creative problem solver with a track record of providing guidance and risk-appropriate, solutions-oriented advice to legal issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of other disciplines, sometimes across regions, cultures and time zones.
- Thrives being part of a Team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues; highly effective in a matrix environment.
- Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game” regardless of prior successes.
- In good times and bad, lives the UA Way – embraces new challenges, takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel” or abdicate responsibility.
- Strong initiative required. Must demonstrate “can do” and “does do” attitude.
- Ability to effectively and authentically engage with challenging people and situations.
- Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self and Team to highest performance standards.
- Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand.
- Sense of humor and ability to manage “fire drills” required.
- Candidate must have 10+ years of firm and/or in-house experience.
- In-house commercial/contract experience with a high growth, fast moving digital company that manifests near constant change and pivots.
- Significant experience working on technology, digital media, marketing and content, IT and engineering services, strategic partnership oriented agreements and strong knowledge of commercial data privacy/security issues.
- Law degree from a reputable university, admitted in good standing with license to practice.
MyFitnessPal has joined Under Armour and has teamed up with MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and UA Record to form the Connected Fitness Business Division. Connected Fitness is the world's largest digital health and fitness community.
Want to learn more about MyFitnessPal? Visit MyFitnessPal's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.