Senior Software Engineer, Services
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Online calorie counter and diet plan
MyFitnessPal is the world's largest diet and fitness tracking application. We’re serious about individual growth and athlete achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their lives through better health & fitness. MyFitnessPal is part of Under Armour's family of connected fitness technology, which powers an ecosystem of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. You will get to learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add a new backend engineer to our Nutrition Services team. In this role, you will build services, tools, and libraries that enable innovations in our suite of applications that span web, mobile, and wearable devices. You will help optimize and analyze the largest food and food entry dataset in the world.
As a member of the Nutrition Services team you will...
- Design, implement, and scale new APIs, aggregation services, and data centric microservices in an application ecosystem with over 200 million users
- Work closely with other engineers within your team and across the entire engineering organization from mobile clients to data science
- Work closely with product managers to define customer facing feature requirements and underlying service implementations
- Rapidly iterate on existing product and platform features
- Work with massive data sets with tens of billions of records
- Work to break apart our legacy Rails monolith into scalable Scala microservices
We are looking for someone that...
- Has several years of experience in a professional software environment
- Has solid knowledge of the technological fundamentals of developing applications for the Internet, including Unix/Linux, relational databases, HTTP and REST
- Has a strong understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture/data structures
- Has familiarity with at least one programming language and ideally has some experience in Ruby or Scala
- Is interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Either has experience with or is interested in working at scale
- Picks up new technology quickly
- Wants to make an impact and is ready to take ownership and responsibility for their work
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles is a plus
Technologies We Use
MyFitnessPal has joined Under Armour and has teamed up with MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and UA Record to form the Connected Fitness Business Division. Connected Fitness is the world's largest digital health and fitness community.
Want to learn more about MyFitnessPal? Visit MyFitnessPal's website.
Jobs You May Like
CiBO Technologies, Saint Louis, Missouri
Senior Data Scientist - SEM
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Sr Solutions Architect Mid West Region.
Paxata, Columbus, OH
Cloud Systems Developer Lead
Calm, San Francisco
Principal Software Engineer
Warby Parker, New York, NY