The MapMyFitness team is a part of Connected Fitness, building new experiences to make all athletes better. It’s an open platform that connects to hundreds of devices with applications across web, mobile, and wearables. Further, hundreds of developers and partners leverage the platform via the API and mobile SDKs. As a member of the engineering team, you’ll be charged with creating unparalleled user experiences.
What does this mean? We strive to build the ultimate Connected Fitness solutions, we face extreme growth while consumers continue to expect flawless experiences and instantaneous response times. As an Android Engineer, your job is to deliver these experiences while leveraging industry best-practices that contribute to the architecture road map.
You’ll achieve this ambitious goal by working within a cross-functional Agile team, composed of developers, QA, designers, product and project management.
- Design and implement mobile applications that are built on top of the Under Armour Connected Fitness Platform.
- Work closely with our creative design and user interface team to implement native mobile interfaces according to the Android Design Principles.
- Continually improve the user experience by analyzing and optimizing the UI, data storage, and network communications.
- Be comfortable with researching and implementing cutting-edge technologies to attain business goals that will benefit our continually growing user base.
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, and security.
- Coach team members to increase the success of the team as a whole.
- Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications.
- Turn big ideas into simple, elegant solutions.
- 2+ years experience writing software within an Agile or similar development environment
- Applicable experience building applications in Java for the Android platform
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Comfort working with RESTful APIs
- Solid experience with Git in a team environment
- Knowledge of other mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Mobile Web)
- Continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson)
- Experience with modern libraries and tools
- Experience with at least one testing framework
- Mapping API experience (e.g. Google, OSM, Apple)
- Relational database experience (e.g. SQLite)
- UNIX/Linux experience
- Build and release procedures (e.g. Gradle, Android Studio)
- Familiarity with Android performance tools
MyFitnessPal has joined Under Armour and has teamed up with MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and UA Record to form the Connected Fitness Business Division. Connected Fitness is the world's largest digital health and fitness community.
Want to learn more about MyFitnessPal? Visit https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer- Full Stack (Node.js, Ruby)
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Data Security Team
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Data Engineer - Bizrate Insights
Time Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Software Engineer II
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
QA Automation Engineer
Big Data Engineer (m/f)