About Under Armour Connected Fitness
As an established leader in performance and innovation, Under Armour Connected Fitness is dedicated to improving the health and fitness of millions of athletes worldwide. Powered by the foundation of the MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal suite of mobile apps and websites, Under Armour Connected Fitness continues to deliver game-changing solutions to how athletes train, perform and improve by creating the ultimate worldwide digital community dedicated to health and fitness. The team of digital products currently under the Under Armour Connected Fitness brand include MyFitnessPal, Under Armour Record, Armour39, MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyFitness, MapMyWalk and MapMyHike.
Role: Senior Software Engineer, Back-end
The Under Armour Connected Fitness team is building new experiences to make all athletes better. It’s an open platform that connects to hundreds of devices with applications across web, mobile, and wearables. Further, hundreds of developers and partners leverage the platform via the API and mobile SDKs. As a member of the engineering team, you’ll be charged with creating unparalleled user experiences.
What does this mean? As we strive to build the ultimate Connected Fitness solutions, we face extreme growth while consumers continue to expect flawless experiences and instantaneous response times. In this role, your job is to build performant, scalable, and secure solutions while leveraging industry best-practices that contribute to the architecture road map.
You’ll achieve this ambitious goal by working within a cross-functional, Agile team, composed of developers, QA, designers, product and project management.
- Write server side code for the Under Armour Connected Fitness platform
- Build, monitor and support production systems with high uptime requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to best serve the needs of our products and our platform
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, and security
- Coach team members to increase the success of the team as a whole
- Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications
- Turn big ideas into simple, elegant solutions
- 5+ years experience writing software within an Agile or similar development environment
- Experience with at least two programming or scripting languages and a desire to learn more
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc) and/or NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with a web application framework like Django, Rails, Spring, etc., especially an ORM (object relational mapper) component
- Experience with Git and/or other source control systems
- UNIX/Linux experience
- Experience with Go, Java, Scala, Python or Ruby
- High volume Message Queues (Resque, Celery, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Real-time search engine (Elasticsearch, Sphinx, Solr, etc)
- Caching strategy and implementation (Memcached, Redis)
- Microservices architectures
MyFitnessPal has joined Under Armour and has teamed up with MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and UA Record to form the Connected Fitness Business Division. Connected Fitness is the world's largest digital health and fitness community.
Want to learn more about MyFitnessPal? Visit https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager (Marketing)
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Database Reliability Engineer
Venmo, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Fixed Income Analytics
Director of Software Engineering
Womply, Womply - SF
Site Reliability Engineer
Amperity, Seattle, WA
Web Development Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, London