Mytaxi is building up a Data team that is solving key problems relating to urban transportation. Therefore, we are keen on hiring a Data Engineer to expand, improve and optimize our data pipeline architecture and data infrastructure with focus on the low-latency data processing as well as reliable data delivery.
The team will focus on the making the data available to tackle core challenges in mobility markets including machine learning, demand prediction, surge pricing and other predictive analysis.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Ensure stable and consistent data delivery for business critical data-driven application features
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries and AWS regions.
- You will work closely with stakeholders across Europe from Product, Tech, BI and Data Science Teams
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- Your are a team player
- You have programming experience in either Scala, Python or Java
- You know Spark, Streaming Libraries (Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, etc.), Hadoop Ecosystem (Hive, HDFS, YARN, etc.)
- You have prior experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases and as a result know which storage type to use for a particular use-cases, how to create a good data model and write efficient SQL for future extractions
- Hands-on experience with AWS would be a great plus
- You previously worked with mature CI/CD pipeline and made several production deployments during the day
- Fluent Proficiency in Business English
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since February 2019, mytaxi is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. Within 2019, mytaxi will rebrand to FREE NOW.
mytaxi today works with 600 employees in 26 offices and is available in around 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is the CEO of mytaxi. More information is available at: www.mytaxi.com
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
About us Design the future of mobility with us! mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile. Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility. Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
Want to learn more about mytaxi!? Visit mytaxi!'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Blue State Digital, Bos
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Business Intelligence Developer
JUMO, Cape Town, South Africa
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Data Operations Associate | New Graduate
Flexport, Los Angeles, CA
Machine Learning Engineer
Etsy, New York, NY