Do you want to shape the future of urban mobility? Are you interested in identifying and developing key features of the mytaxi business in a challenging role with a lot of responsibility and impact? Well, then have the perfect job for you!
As Head of Data Science at mytaxi you will be responsible for coordinating and leading the Data Science teams as well as shaping and executing a vision to exploit the data behind the largest taxi e-hailing business in Europe. To succeed, you will focus on empowering the team to build cutting-edge technology using the newest achievements in the fields of machine learning and artificial intelligence that necessary to lead mytaxi to the future of urban transportation.
Your work will contribute directly to the ongoing success and growth of mytaxi in one of the most dynamic and exciting market environments of our times.
- You will be disciplinarily and professionally responsible for the mytaxi Data Science division, currently comprising two teams (one located in Berlin the other one here in Hamburg) and take care of shaping, driving and communicating the vision of Data Science at mytaxi
- One of the core tasks of you and your teams is focusing on the integration of technologies in the fields of predictive analytics, machine learning and AI in order to develop the capabilities in an environment of self-driving cars and other future mobility challenges
- You will identify, understand, structure and solve complex problems in the prediction of demands and supplies in the fast-moving world of urban mobility to move drivers and passengers through cities more efficiently
- You will have an holistic understanding of the business and its process, lead innovation within the business and define how to create additional value through the utilization of our data assets and analytics
- You motivate your team by proactively and transparently leading them through the dynamic challenges of the mobility markets of the future
- You work closely together with the Data leadership circle in the conceptualization and implementation of predictive infrastructures, processes and models for a deep understanding of data in a growing variety of market environments leading to the projection of future developments
- You will work closely with various stakeholders across Europe from Marketing, Operations, Finance, Product, Tech and the whole Data department, as well as act as the ambassador of the Data Science division at mytaxi as a responsible interface to the Senior Management
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated, who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- Advanced University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- You have a proven track record of translating business problems, features and improvements into productionalized Data Science solutions and hold profound experience in machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modelling in business environments
- You conceive patterns in large and complex data sets with ease, identify the underlying challenges and mechanisms and can conceptualize pragmatic solutions to answer them
- You have the strong urge and drive to use Data Science to change the world (and improve urban mobility)
- Strong ability in processing, organizing, visualizing, interpreting and communicating complex data, highly-developed skills in roadmap planning, project management and anticipation of future developments
- Several years of experience in disciplinary and professional leadership in Data Science, machine learning or AI environments, highly developed skills in the management of yourself and others
- For you, high-quality, transparent leadership is a value in itself and you understand it to be a proactive process which forms the success and potential of a company and its members
- You perceive the character traits and potential of employees intuitively and are able to develop individual solutions and perspectives for their personal and professional advancement with them in alignment with business strategic and structural progress
- Fast apprehension, ability to adapt to fast-paced dynamic organizational and market environments together with the ability to embrace and proactively design change
- You are open to trying out new things and are driven to optimize products and processes alike as a team player, you keep up high standards of communication and your sense of humor even in demanding and fast-moving situations
- Expertise in the field of mobility markets would be perfect.
- Fluent proficiency in Business English
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since February 2019, mytaxi is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. Within 2019, mytaxi will rebrand to FREE NOW.
mytaxi today works with 600 employees in 26 offices and is available in around 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is the CEO of mytaxi. More information is available at: www.mytaxi.com
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
About us Design the future of mobility with us! mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile. Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility. Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
Want to learn more about mytaxi!? Visit mytaxi!'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist - Decision Science
Udemy, San Francisco, California, USA
Scientist, Oncology R&D, CAR-T
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Life Sciences Analytics Senior Manager
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Senior SEO Strategist
AKQA, San Francisco
Data Scientist - Relocation Opportunity
General Assembly, Seattle or Atlanta
Oscar, New York