We are currently looking for a motivated and experienced Data Infrastructure Lead (m/f).
You will be the lead of a growing Data Engineering Team at mytaxi that works with an extensive variety of data systems in order to expand and develop an analytical platform that enables business users and data scientists to make data driven decisions, build innovative data products and roll out advanced analytics.
The Data Engineering Team is committed to developing a modern data infrastructure at mytaxi based on a Hadoop Data Warehouse. We are integrating and consolidating data from a broad range of micro services in our data pipelines. It is the team’s responsibility to maintain the data warehouse,
the data pipelines and make information available for analytics, reporting, research and data products. Together with your team you will develop and improve our brand new tech stack including tools like Kafka, Spark, Airflow and Presto.
Tasks will include:
- Scale and optimize mytaxi Data Warehouse Architecture with the company growth
- Create blueprints for data management systems to integrate, centralize, protect and maintain data sources
- Write efficient data pipelines using f.e. Kafka, Spark or Airflow
- Provide Rest APIs for Data Products
- Explore new technologies and look for the best technologies for the job
- You are the technological and disciplinary lead of the data engineering teams
- You work independent and are responsible for the continuous functional and personal development of the team members (e.g. through regular feedback talks) as well as the expansion of your teams
- In-depth understanding of the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Extensive experience in modelling a Data Warehouse
- Extensive Experience with writing data-driven production ready code (preferably Java)
- Experience in designing and implementing streaming applications (preferably Kafka)
- In-depth knowledge of database architecture
- Fully understand standard architecture methodologies, processes and best practices
- At least 6 years of experience in (disciplinary and technical) leadership of employees
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly
- Knowledge in mentoring and training of employees
- You have strong communication and motivational skill
- Team orientated and also able to work independently
- Fluent proficiency in English is vital, German is a bonus but not required
- Experience in an international company or team away from your home country is a plus
If you are passionate about data and you want to play an essential role for our future growth, you would be a perfect fit.
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With over 10 million downloads and 120,000 registered taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities in eleven European and two South American countries. With more than 600 employees in the whole entity, mytaxi spans across UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Greece, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced the merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step to become the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. In February 2017 mytaxi announced the acquisition of Beat (previously Taxibeat), the leading taxi app in Greece. With Beat, mytaxi also moved into South America for the first time and is now active in Peru and Chile. In June 2017 mytaxi also announced the acquisition of Clever Taxi, the leading taxi app in Romania. Andrew Pinnington is the CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
About us Design the future of mobility with us! mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile. Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility. Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!