Are you passionate about quality?
Are you an advocate for building and maintaining non-flaky automated test cases for mobile application?
Do you believe in quality engineering and tooling to make the entire work process easier?
Our development team not only focuses on writing code, but also on ensuring its quality - and we are now working hard on our testing strategies.
You are the expert in Software Quality, and we expect you to propose new technologies and practices to optimise our processes and infrastructure.
You are keen on tackling crash and monitoring server status and relevant KPIs.
That is why you will implement & maintain the testing infrastructure for a high-quality test automation.
Plus, you will test our entire system with special focus on our iOS Apps.
- If you know the difference between unit tests, surface tests, integration tests, regression tests and load tests;
- If you know when good is “good enough” and when to take a closer look;
- If you are experienced in iOS Test Automation with XCUITest or any other testing frameworks;
- If you have fundamental knowledge of iOS App development in Swift/Objective-C
If you are up for the challenge…
Hop in to mytaxi and show us your automation magic!
What are we expecting from you?
- to contribute to the team achieving its sprint goal reliably;
- to lead on improving to our test automation frameworks and best practices;
- to support increasing the quality of our current live product;
- to champion “Quality first” mindset within your team;
- to share with and learn from others;
- to reduce lead time to deliver software without compromising on quality;
- to act not only as an individual contributor, but rather to enable software engineers to improve our quality.
What we would really appreciate from you?
- experience in setting up and promoting good testing practices in at least one of our platforms (BE/FE/iOS/Android);
- experience in setting up the necessary environment of successful test automation (environment provisioning, hooking testing tooling into CI pipelines, enabling system to be in the right state with the right data to support testing);
- experience working with necessary metrics/KPIs to support evaluation of efficiency and effectiveness of testing practice;
- Some knowledge about software architecture, Infrastructure (AWS, Docker) to also act as a consultant to our developers to write better, non-flaky and faster tests;
- Write and maintain Quality Engineering productivity tools / automating tasks and processes;
- Integrate SonarQube into build cycle to provide constant feedback for code quality.;
- Use mock to perform test in isolation.
Why would you consider this job as a great opportunity for you career:
- desire to use a mix of technical mastery and leadership to support quality effort with strong passion for mentoring and automate everything :-) ;
- massive impact in a big e-hailing player;
- chances to build new things that do not currently exist.
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since February 2019, mytaxi is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. Within 2019, mytaxi will rebrand to FREE NOW.
mytaxi today works with 600 employees in 26 offices and is available in around 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is the CEO of mytaxi. More information is available at: www.mytaxi.com
What can we offer you?
- Intensive Fridays
- Gym membership
- Quarterly team-building activities (karting, bowling, laser tag, escape rooms, barbecues/calçotades…)
- Yearly off-site weeks
- Hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Hamburg
- Weekly free buffet breakfasts in the office
- Health insurance with basic dental coverage
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off, as well as Christmas and New Year's Eve
- A monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- The opportunity to use the latest technologies and implement your own ideas
- Flexible learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops, events and conferences
- Free language lessons
...and all the usual start-up goodies like free fruit, unlimited drinks, after-work beers and many more!
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
About us Design the future of mobility with us! mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile. Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility. Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
Want to learn more about mytaxi!? Visit mytaxi!'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Desktop Support Engineer
CarGurus, London, UK
Senior Strategic Consultant (EMEA)
Senior Software Engineer - Risk and Authentication
Visa, Austin TX, US
Software Engineer (Scala)
Sales Engineer, Federal
MemSQL, Washington, DC
Technical Program Manager
Venmo, San Francisco, CA