Would you like to be a part of designing the future of urban mobility? Are you interested in optimising and developing a key component of the mytaxi business in a challenging role with a lot of responsibility? If the answer is yes, then we have the right role for you. As Head of Data Department at mytaxi you will be responsible for coordinating and leading the Data Science departments including Data Engineering and BI and Analytics as well as building and maintaining the necessary infrastructure to understand the data behind the largest taxi e-hailing business in Europe. To succeed, you will need to build up a team while focusing on cutting-edge technology enabling mytaxi to live up to the requirements of the mobility world of tomorrow. Your work will contribute directly to the ongoing success and growth of mytaxi in one of the most dynamic and exciting market environments of our times.
- You will be disciplinarily and professionally responsible for a team of BI Analysts, Data Scientists and Developers and take care of the set-up and maintenance of productive working preconditions with a variety of challenges, stakeholders and task settings
- One of your core tasks will be the creation and management of a new Data Science Division focusing on the integration of technologies in the fields of predictive analytics, machine learning and AI in order to develop the capabilities in an environment of self-driving cars and other future mobility challenges
- You will support Product and Operations departments by providing the analytical foundation for mastering strategic challenges and mediate between technical, market and business matters being able to represent every stake-holding perspective
- You will develop, review, pitch quantitative statistic-based data and business models and plans across teams and departments in order to maximise product benefits and product-based campaigns
- You motivate your team by proactively and transparently lead them through the dynamic challenges of the mobility markets of the future
- You will be responsible for layout and implementation of the structures and processes necessary for the successful development of the Business Intelligence Unit as core asset of the fast-growing mytaxi company as well as the extension and diversification of BI resources and capabilities
- You report directly to the CPO in the conceptualization and implementation of analytic and predictive infrastructures and processes in close collaboration with Analysts, Data Scientists and BI Developers, and act as the responsible interface between BI teams and senior management
- You will act as the ambassador of the Business Intelligence Unit at mytaxi as you manage the dynamic requirements imposed on data analysis and prediction from the business
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, ever evolving industry. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- Advanced University degree (M.Sc. or Phd.) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- You hold profound expertise in the conceptualization, design and implementation of tracking and reporting systems and KPI systems
- You are experienced in Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics enabling you to conceptualize and implement algorithms and systems capable of predicting future demand and other market behavior developments
- Strong ability in processing, organizing, visualising, interpreting and communicating complex data, highly-developed skills in roadmap planning, project management and anticipation of future developments
- Several years of experience in disciplinary and professional leadership in IT environments, highly developed skills in the management of yourself and others
- You conceive patterns in large and complex data sets with ease, identify the underlying challenges and mechanisms and can conceptualize pragmatic solutions to answer them
- For you, high-quality, transparent leadership is a value in itself and you understand it to be a proactive process which forms the success and potential of a company and its members
- You perceive the character traits and potential of employees intuitively and are able to develop individual solutions and perspectives for their personal and professional advancement with them in alignment with business strategic and structural progress
- You are an empathic communicator, can motivate your team as well as understand needs and perspectives of your colleagues
- Fast apprehension, ability to adapt to fast-paced dynamic organizational and market environments together with the ability to embrace and proactively design change
- You are open to trying out new things and are driven to optimize products and processes alike
- As a team player, you keep up high standards of communication and your sense of humor even in demanding and fast-moving situations
- Expertise in the field of mobility markets would be perfect.
- Fluent proficiency in English is vital, German is a bonus but not required
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With over 10 million downloads and 120,000 registered taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities in eleven European and two South American countries. With more than 500 employees in the whole entity, mytaxi spans across UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Greece, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced the merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step to become the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. In February 2017 mytaxi announced the acquisition of Beat (previously Taxibeat), the leading taxi app in Greece. With Beat, mytaxi also moved into South America for the first time and is now active in Peru and Chile. In June 2017 mytaxi also announced the acquisition of Clever Taxi, the leading taxi app in Romania. Andrew Pinnington is the CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
About us Design the future of mobility with us! mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile. Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility. Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
Want to learn more about mytaxi!? Visit mytaxi!'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Analyst, Pre-Sales Solutions - Dublin
AKQA, San Francisco
Research Scientist - Machine Learning
Element AI, Montreal
Lead Data Scientist, Product Analytics
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Business Analyst (m/f)
Director, Data and Analytics
Christian Care Ministry, Melbourne, FL