Mytaxi is building up a data science team that is solving key problems relating to urban transportation. Therefore, we are keen on hiring a Data Science Engineer (m/f) for implementing and maintaining the models and data infrastructure with focus on deploying machine learning-based data products that are integrated into customer facing apps.
The team will focus on the data behind core challenges in mobility markets including machine learning, demand prediction, surge pricing and other predictive analysis required for the upcoming challenges.
- You will identify, understand, structure and solve complex problems in the prediction of demands and supplies in the fast-moving world of urban mobility
- Design and develop high-performance, data-driven systems in a distributed infrastructure to help move drivers and passengers through cities more efficiently
- Your work with large, interesting data sets including historical, real time and third party data streams
- You will work closely with stakeholders across Europe from Product, Tech, BI and Data Engineering Teams
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- At least 3 years experience in working with complex data models
- Advanced University degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Your are an effective communicator and team player
- You hold experience in machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis and predictive modelling in business environments
- You are experienced in Hive, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, Kafka, Shell scripting, Presto, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Applied experience with distributed machine learning and computing framework
- Experience building production grade machine learning models and streaming data pipelines
- Fluent Proficiency in Business English
- Your passion about implementing advanced analytics and the will to play an essential role in the future of urban transport, make you a perfect fit
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With over 10 million downloads and 120,000 registered taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities in eleven European and two South American countries. With more than 600 employees in the whole entity, mytaxi spans across UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Greece, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced the merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step to become the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. In February 2017 mytaxi announced the acquisition of Beat (previously Taxibeat), the leading taxi app in Greece. With Beat, mytaxi also moved into South America for the first time and is now active in Peru and Chile. In June 2017 mytaxi also announced the acquisition of Clever Taxi, the leading taxi app in Romania. Andrew Pinnington is the CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
About us Design the future of mobility with us! mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile. Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility. Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
Want to learn more about mytaxi!? Visit mytaxi!'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Conversion & Optimization Analyst
Envato, Melbourne HQ
Part Time Data Science Instructor (Contract)
General Assembly, Sydney
Senior Fullsatck Developer
Analyst, Programmatic Solutions
Time Inc., New York, NY
Senior Manager Growth Analytics - Dropbox Plus/Pro
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Head of Data and Analytics
Andela, New York City