Do you want to play an active role in designing the future of mobility? Are you interested in developing a key component of the mytaxi business in a challenging role with a lot of responsibility? If the answer is yes, then we have the role for you. As Product Director (f/m) at mytaxi, you are responsible for the product development and coordination of new feature implementation. Your work will contribute directly to the ongoing success and growth of mytaxi in one of the most dynamic market environments of our times.
This is your job:
- You will be responsible for a highly-motivated team of Product Owners and Product Tribe Leads, and take care of the set-up and maintenance of productive working preconditions with a vast variety of challenges and task settings
- You are a motivational leader who can navigate your team through the dynamic challenges of the mobility markets of the future
- You will organize and design the conditions for the success of a holistic, divisional product management unit with a variety of products, customer groups, internal stakeholders and external partners
- Your responsibilities in the organization of mytaxi product development reach from ideation over iterative roadmapping, planning and development to after-sales and maintenance of every mytaxi product
- You report directly to the CPO in the conceptualization and implementation of the product strategy and vision in close collaboration with Product Owners and Managers, and act as the interface between product teams and senior management
- You will be responsible for the structures and processes necessary for the successful development of the product management unit, as a core asset of the fast-growing mytaxi company and product family in highly-dynamic market environments, as well as the extension and diversification of product resources and capabilities
- You will act as the ambassador of the product management unit and represent it towards the entire organisation as well as senior management, and you will manage the dynamic requirements imposed on product development from a globally-expanding business
- You support Tribe Leads, Product Owners and Managers in interfacing with development teams and mediate between technical, UX/UI and business matters and are able to represent every stakeholder perspective
- You will develop, review, pitch and communicate business models and plans across teams and departments in order realize maximum potential of products and product-based campaigns
What you'll bring:
- University degree in Informatics, economics or engineering management is beneficial
- Several years of experience in disciplinary and professional leadership in IT environments, highly developed skills in the management of yourself and others
- For you, high-quality, transparent leadership is a value in itself and you understand it to be a proactive process which forms the success and potential of a company and its members
- You perceive the character traits and potential of employees intuitively and are able to develop individual solutions and perspectives for their personal and professional advancement with them in alignment with business strategic and structural progress
- You are an empathic communicator, can motivate your team as well as understand needs and perspectives of your colleagues
- You are a fast learner, with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced dynamic organization and market environment, while embracing and proactively designing change
- You have substantial experience in software product management, you can demonstrate team management, skill in product prioritisation, creating roadmaps and product delivery
- Expertise in the field of mobility markets would be beneficial
- You conceive immediately what makes a product successful and can conceptualize pragmatic solutions.
- You are eager to develop products our external and internal customers and users love.
- You hold profound expertise in different procedure models of software development - especially Scrum and Kanban.
- You are open to trying out new things and are driven to optimize products and processes alike.
- As a team player, you are a strong communicator while maintaining your sense of humor even in demanding and fast-moving situations
- Fluent proficiency in English is essential and German is beneficial
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 13 million passengers and 160,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities in eleven European and two South American countries. With more than 700 employees in the whole entity, mytaxi spans across UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Greece, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced the merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step to become the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. In February 2017 mytaxi announced the acquisition of Beat (previously Taxibeat), the leading taxi app in Greece. With Beat, mytaxi also moved into South America for the first time and is now active in Peru and Chile. In June 2017 mytaxi also announced the acquisition of Clever Taxi, the leading taxi app in Romania. Marc Berg is the CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- A monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
About us Design the future of mobility with us! mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile. Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility. Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
Want to learn more about mytaxi!? Visit mytaxi!'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Product Marketing Manager
Markforged, Watertown, MA
StoryBlocks, Arlington, VA
Senior Product Manager, Post-Purchase
metromile, San Francisco, CA
Niantic inc., Seattle Area (Bellevue)
Editions Runner. Casual