We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1000 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here, you will
- Develop and successfully execute the local PR strategy for N26 in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (DACH region) across different channels, in close alignment with the company’s global PR strategy
- Create and lead local PR campaigns around product launches and strategic company news
- Lead and develop one Senior PR specialist - with potential to further expand the team later on
- Grow a strong network of media contacts along relevant media and opinion leaders in the DACH region, and act as go-to-person for all their requests
- Select and position company spokespeople as thought leader/s in the market for relevant topics along the local strategy
- Steer and coordinate all activities of our external PR agency for Germany and Austria
What you will bring along
- Experience in fast-paced, banking and tech-focused organizations; or directly work for clients within banking or tech industry
- 4-7 years of professional experience in journalism and/or media relations, either in a PR agency or an in-house PR/corporate communications department
- An abundance of knowledge of traditional communications and PR crafts, yet a strong appetite to disrupt the status quo
- Ability to develop and adjust storytelling across different audiences such as business, finance, lifestyle & end consumer
- You proactively identify opportunities in a rapidly growing and changing working environment and deliver on a strong “find solutions” mentality
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in German, business fluent in English
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Individual Professional Development Budget
- Free N26 Black card + benefits
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.