We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Head of Product Operations will drive operational excellence within our product organization. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing product planning, processes and routines, monitoring, measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of product initiatives and programs; and communication within the Product team, across internal cross functional stakeholders (Marketing, Finance, Data & People)
The role works very closely with the CPO to build a high performing product organisation.
Once you're here you will:
- Drive the process of Product planning, providing the cross-functional teams with clarity while taking into account the approach and dependencies of a wider range of individual disciplines.
- Ensure projects are being delivered on time, identifying opportunities and threats as they arise and course correct quickly and as necessary.
- Proactively identify challenges in team process and design and propose new processes and workflows.
- Organise quarterly and annual Product planning process (eg. milestones, actions, templates, calendar, participants)
- Orchestrate briefings, kick-offs, brainstorms, and review/approval process steps, communicating decisions and next steps with clarity and appropriate urgency.
- Act as POC for communication between Product and cross functional business team to drive collaboration, help with prioritisation and ensure compliance.
- Run intra-team routine and manage team events, offsites and meetings.
- Manage Product finances, including monthly, quarterly and annual budgets. Partnering with finance to ensure accurate monthly accruals, identifying over/underspends and reinvesting/pulling back investments as required.
What you'll bring along:
- 8+ years experience working in a Product or commercially led environment
- Willingness to approach projects with a can do attitude and create process where one does not exist. Comfortable in a fast moving, fluid environment.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives, while remaining focused and calm.
- Solid project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers.
- Empathetic to the daily rigor and short-term demands of an acquisition organization and able to tie these to a long-term, strategic initiatives.
- Must be analytical with robust excel / spreadsheets experience and proficient in project management and communications means and methods.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, able to calmly and confidently communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies.
- Fluent in English.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in person presentation skills.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.