Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a pragmatic Front End Engineer to join our small (but mighty) web team here in NYC to help us, both globally and locally, build products that enable our teams to work at the highest level and bring delight to our end users.
Though our product is mobile focused, the Front End team plays a vital role in how people interact with our products both internally and externally. You’ll be joining an exemplary team within N26 where accessibility, testability, and simplicity are always part of the conversation.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Join our cross-disciplinary teams to work on N26 projects. Working on things like expanding our US product, improving great products like Spaces, and enhancing the initial experience for new customers
- Help us elevate the on boarding experience by building features and processes that guide new users through the account creation process all the way through adding their first funds to their account
- Work on improving the US team's internal tooling and help create a better quality of life for our users and employees
- Create within a modern unified tech stack with main components like Express, React, Apollo GraphQL, and CSS-in-JS (with Fela) just to name a few
- Operate in an environment with extensive documentation and a strong focus on testing. (We use things like Jest for unit testing, Pa11y for accessibility, and Cypress for end-to-end testing)
What you need to be successful:
- Ideally 4+ years of front-end focused development
- Experience working in a team and are looking forward to mentoring more junior members, creating a healthy work environment where people can thrive and contribute to N26 products
- An understanding of how focusing on things like security, design, performance, and accessibility elevate the experience of our users
- Excellent communication skills with a penchant for inclusivity and global empathy
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Engineer - Frontend (Technology)
Andela, New York, USA, Boston, USA, Lagos, Nigeria, Cairo, Egypt, Nairobi, Kenya.