About the opportunity
We are seeking a responsible and enthusiastic Data Engineer to join us in the mission to bring constant improvement to our database infrastructure, be the experienced and dependable driver of large scale operations that encompass hundreds of servers and deal with the ever evolving challenges of scaling a fast-growing environment.
Our team is designing, scaling and maintaining databases, developing tools to work with them and assisting Backend engineers with any related tasks. We believe that the database infrastructure is the foundational part of our tech stack and provides endless opportunities to learn and explore new ideas.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the improvement of the infrastructure of the databases at N26 by architecting, maintaining and engineering database solutions
- Work closely with our software engineers to provide them with the best infrastructure possible
- Be involved in everything related to relational (and also NoSQL) databases: design, architecture, maintenance, migrations, administration, configuration, etc.
- Educate developers and engineers about the best practices in clean database design
- Perform audits of existing databases, figure out possible improvements and ways to implement them efficiently
What you need to be successful:
- At least 4 years of experience with PostgreSQL
- Exceptional knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) is a plus
- Familiarity with infrastructure tools (AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
- Detective-level attention to detail and self-discipline that others would love
- Excitement to work with cutting-edge technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.
Jobs You May Like
Senior/Lead, Computer Vision Researcher/Engineer, Hand Tracking
Magic Leap, Inc., Zurich, Switzerland