About the opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us in redefining what a modern banking experience looks and feels like. You will work in the area of “Memberships” on some of the most crucial parts of the N26 experience around our Premium Membership Tiers, offering an unmatched experience to our customers.
Join our N26 Experience Design team (NXD) of more than 35 designers and researchers across our offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Vienna and New York!
You will create innovative and desirable experiences by listening and engaging with people, applying design and research methods and strategies to create value, both for users and the business.
Let's build the bank the world loves to use!
In this role, you will:
- Own and drive the UX and Product metrics for your team. Take responsibility for the entire design process from initial research, ideation, conceptualization and design, to testing and validation.
- Turn user problems detected across all feedback channels into product opportunities Work together with product managers and engineers to oversee the development of a product from problem definition, concepting to launch.
- Increase the level of delightfulness. Design mobile and web interfaces that are incredibly simple, elegant, and enjoyable for users.
- Increase the level of team maturity. Advocate for and nurture our Design System.
- Work with agile processes in close collaboration with product management, engineering, data analytics and other stakeholders.
- Mentor and inspire, give and seek feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Help the organization understand the needs, challenges and wishes of customers today and in the future.
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years designing excellent digital products as part of a cross-functional team in an agile ecosystem.
- Proven experience and knowledge on implementation and facilitation of the overall design process, using a variety of methodologies like: Google Design Sprint, Opportunity Solution Tree, User Journey Mapping, Jobs-to-be-done, User Story Mapping, etc.
- Experience designing using a Design System.
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying user research insights to your design.
- Ability to set up and analyse product experiments, like A/B tests.
- You are skilled in most if not all of the following: Conceptual design, user research, wireframing, process mapping, UI prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation.
- An understanding of business that is equal to your understanding of product owner needs
- Great understanding of both business needs and tech constraints that is reflected and considered into the design.
- Experience with industry standard design and research tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Lookback, User testing etc…)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate your design decisions.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.