About the opportunity
As the Finance Manager, you will get the great opportunity to build up the finance function in our US operation from scratch. This role is perfect for an accomplished, hands-on and strategic Finance professional, with the ambition to shape his/her area, and potentially build up a small team and join the US leadership. You will work very closely with the headquarters in Berlin and integrate and adapt existing EU processes to the US. If you want to operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the financial planning process for the US business, providing insights and the "story", and ensuring the integrity and quality of the forecast
- Set and measure OKRs to drive execution and make decisions and adjustments to achieve those plans
- Conduct month-end analysis and regular management reporting
- Partner with Group FP&A to design and implement an efficient business/ financial planning cycle in the US and globally
- Oversee the work of the internal (EU-based) accounting team in the monthly and annual accounting processes, and ultimately be responsible for compliance and integrity of the US financial books
- Be responsible for cash flow management and coordination of financial auditing of the US entity
- Optimize and further develop existing accounting processes in relation to new products for the US entity
- Organize and support company-wide projects from the perspective of local accounting
- Contribute to projects such as investor relations, fundraising, M&A and others
- Support the central group audit function in the design and implementation of a group accounting and reporting framework
- Report to the Head of Group FP&A and Finance Business Partnering based in Germany, with a dual reporting line to the US Strategy Team
What you need to be successful:
- University degree in Finance, Management, or Accounting; Masters-/ MBA level preferred; additional accounting qualifications (e.g. CIMA, CPA) are a strong plus
- Ideally 5 or more years of professional experience, of which at least 4 in a Business Unit/ Division/Regional FP&A role
- Experience as a business partner of (senior) management, with ability to influence decision-making in a multi-functional context
- Deep experience in FP&A and a very good working knowledge of Accounting
- Project management experience, having implemented and/ or led process changes
- Prior working experience in Tech, Big 4, Consulting or Corporates
- Familiarity with banks and financial institutions
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Analytically strong, attention to detail, able to draw conclusions and insights from large amounts of data
- Outstanding skills in MS Office/ Google Suite, familiarity with ERP systems desired (reporting/ end user skills)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Resilience, proven ability to learn from set-backs and course-correct
- A connector who builds strong relationships across the organization of varying functions and levels
Who we are
N26 is the mobile banking platform that is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
N26 launched in the U.S. in 2019 and already has over 500,000 customers. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has more than 7 million customers in 25 markets across the world. The company employs more than 1,500 employees across 8 office locations: Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.