About the opportunity
The Internal IT Segment at N26 is continuously trying to optimize and automate manual tasks to cope with the tremendous growth of the company, moving away from the traditional IT towards a more DevSecOps approach, relying on technology to empower people.
The Enterprise Systems Group, part of the Internal IT Segment, builds and supports internal corporate infrastructure and services with a focus on simplifying the administration overhead and improving the productivity and efficiency of our colleagues. We manage the internal infrastructure and systems that power our users and our bank.
As a Systems Engineer, you will work closely with our Security teams, who specialise in defense and penetration testing, as well as our Platform Engineering Team looking after our infrastructure. Seamless cooperation between our core teams is essential and supported on all levels.
This role can be based in Berlin or Barcelona.
If you like to think outside the box, automate everything and make people's lives easier, we are looking for you!
In this role, you will:
- Own the system life cycle (requirements gathering, architecting, vetting, building, operational management, and team training) for public cloud-based system infrastructure globally and at scale.
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; provide training and support ownership hand-off to peers/organizational units.
- Participate in the on-call incident response rotation outside normal business hours and on weekends
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health, availability, security, efficiency, and scalability of our systems
- Improve operational efficiency via scripting, bots and integrations
- Manage a ticket queue of troubleshooting escalations, security vulnerability remediations and manual tasks that are not yet automated or require human touch
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, operating managers, and professional staff across other teams as it pertains to infrastructure needs and systems
What you need to be successful:
- Expert knowledge of Linux cloud system administration at scale using Infrastructure as Code.
- Advanced experience using at least one configuration management tool at scale like Puppet, Chef, SaltStack or Ansible.
- Demonstrated in-depth practice with computer infrastructure capacity design, provisioning and management utilising public and private virtualisation platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Knowledge of container technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of Git
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tooling
- Expertise in one or more high-level programming languages (Python or Go preferred)
- Experience in coordinating technology decisions with architectural requirements and constraints
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation
Nice to have:
- Experience in both Linux and Windows systems administration.
- Experience on on-prem virtualization like AWS Outposts, Google Anthos or similar solutions.
- Experience managing banking or financial systems.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.