About the opportunity
The Finance & Strategy team is going through a very exciting period, as we are building out the Group Finance functions unit and all the group processes, to enable the transition of N26 from a European scale-up to a globally operating, digital challenger bank, with the ambition to go public in the mid-term.
Payment Products are one of our most important revenue streams and an area that we build out continuously, by expanding our suite of payment products, and driving engagement and activity with our customers.
All about you
You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and you have the ambition and the leadership to build out your own area; you are passionate about the digital banking space and you have knowledge and experience in the payments space. You have acquired first experience as a Finance Business Partner of a product or commercial organization, where you developed deep financial modelling experience and supported the team reaching objectives, and where you have had some exposure to strategic planning. Equipped with a solid business acumen you naturally build relationships in a multi-functional team and you gain trust from your peers and management.
Once here you will
- Support Product senior management and their teams, and be a member of a segment leadership team
- Support strategy development with financials, and partner with the business to shape strategies and financial plans to reach objectives
- Support the team by providing transparency on financials and KPIs through e.g. dashboards (with support from the Data team)
- Lead all financial analysis for your segment, for example on business cases for new products and strategic initiatives in the payments space
- Lead the budgeting and planning process for your segment, and partner with the corporate FP&A team in the financial planning process
- Continuously develop and improve our tools and processes to support business analysis, including digitization and automation
- Be a part of the Group FP&A and Finance Business Partnering team, who support the N26 executive team
What you will bring along
- Masters degree in Business, Management or Finance required, or a combination of an MBA plus a (non-)business degree
- Solid track record as Finance Business Partner of a product or commercial organization with min. 3-4 years professional experience; additional experience in a strategy team is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in a payments FinTech (cards, wallets, and/ or loyalty and reward schemes) or adjacent industries is a strong plus
- Personal leadership and stakeholder management skills are required
- You build relationships across levels and functions, enabling you to create buy-in and support to overcome challenges and establish new processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, draws conclusions and insights from data
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos