About the opportunity
We are seeking a data privacy expert with hands on mentality.
In this role, you will:
- Support the in-house legal department with all legal issues and problems in data protection matters as well as supporting the development of the Data Privacy Organisation and relevant processes.
- Be responsible for the documentation obligations imposed by the General Data Protection Regulation, in particular the preparation, monitoring and revision of data protection reports, data protection impact assessments and data processing directories.
- Participate in the negotiation, preparation and review of contracts relevant to data protection, in particular in the preparation and review of contract processing contracts, data transfer and EU standard contract clauses, as well as the review and updating of the necessary technical and organizational measures.
- Coordinate and process data protection requests from customers and authorities.
Work closely together with IT Compliance and Product to conduct Privacy Impact Assessments and Register of Processing Activities for our Products and data flows.
- Support with questions around international data protection law and employee data protection law.
What you need to be successful:
- You are thrilled with the idea of working in Europe's first mobile bank with European full banking license and have always wanted to prove your commitment in a FinTech.
- You have successfully completed a degree in Business Law (Bachelor or Master) or passed your first state examination and ideally a special affinity for data protection law.
- You have previous GDPR/Data privacy experience in Europe.
- You have excellent English both in writing and orally.
- You should be an ideal addition to the team and should therefore have very good interpersonal skills, pragmatic thinking and working, have a certain zest for action in you and be humorous.
- You are a team player who can work independently without any problems.
- You are someone who devotes himself to his tasks with great commitment and sense of duty and always performs tasks reliably (even under time pressure).
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
File hosting service