About the opportunity
We are seeking a highly driven Business Operations Associate to join our team in Berlin.
Our team is responsible for running core business operations and ensuring the successful delivery of Product initiatives and operational improvements.
You will have the unique opportunity to work with our main partners and vendors that help us provide great products to our customers, while driving business strategies and operational changes.
In this role, you will:
- Be part of the team that is responsible for the delivery of initiatives within the Assistance segment which enables operational teams to connect with our customers and helps drive excellence in customer service
- Own key relationships with N26’s external partners and suppliers in the Assistance space and be crucial for ensuring optimal performance and successful collaboration with our partners
- Own and drive the key compliance and risk processes associated with Assistance partnerships such as monitoring and tracking SLA performance and annual compliance reviews
- Become a central stakeholder for other departments at N26, including Product & Tech, Legal & Compliance, Accounting & Finance, Customer Operations, Banking, and Marketing
- Proactively review performance data to gain a deeper understanding of the operations and products/projects under your supervision, and use this to drive continuous improvement and optimization
- Support high-impact projects end-to-end from initial strategic design to delivery execution, to ongoing improvement and management
- Fully leverage and further develop critical business skills, including quantitative and qualitative analysis, vendor relationship management, stakeholder and project management and leadership in a high-functioning team environment
What you need to be successful:
- You have at least 3-5 years prior operational experience in banking, sourcing, consulting, corporate strategy or startups, ideally with a focus on financial services/fintech dealing with internal or external partners or customer success
- Ideally graduated with an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Mathematics, or a related field
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders across departments to develop ideas, identify opportunities and resolve conflicts
- Understanding of key business drivers and desire to proactively seek out opportunities and recommend solutions that can be effectively supported
- Experience in project management and good project management principles
- A growth mindset and agile approach to problem-solving
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail and fluency in Excel
- Passion for the banking industry and an interest in deepening your knowledge of the banking business and operations
Nice to haves:
- First hand experience in partner/vendor relationship management and/or start-ups/Fintech
- Fluency in SQL
- A good understanding of customer service
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.