About the opportunity
We are seeking a team lead with a hands on mentality for an audit project office to handle all external audits and assigned audits within the group.
In this role, you will:
- Support us in the further development of an independent audit function within the global N26 Group
- Create a team of up to two additional auditors and design the audit project office
- Be the first and single point of contact for external auditors
- Gather evidence for external audit projects
- Manage stakeholders outside and within N26
- Help Group Internal Audit conduct audits of all N26 GmbH activities and processes
- Contribute in defining the audit universe and in the development of audit plans
- Document and design internal control processes
- Propose improvements of the internal controls framework
What you need to be successful:
- You have successfully completed a degree in one of the following fields: Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- You have already gained at least 3 years of experience in: (Internal) Audit; in an international company; in a regulated environment (preferably a bank/financial institution or consultancy)
- Proven project management track record is required
- You have experience in stakeholder management, shown by your previous professional experience or through involvement with management methods (ideally you have a Scrum, Prince2, etc. certificate)
- You have a high level of process understanding as well as in-depth knowledge in the areas of online banking, payment transactions and retail banking
- You have already gathered insight into the German banking supervisory law and are ready to familiarize yourself with various local laws and regulatory requirements
- You have a hands-on mentality and willingness to learn with a positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral language skills in English
- Fluency in German is required
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one