About the opportunity
In this role you will be part of the Business Operations department, specifically in the Sourcing team. This team is responsible for the management of the source-to-contract process, for high-value and complex deals with our external vendors.
The Technology Global Sourcing Associate will support Senior Members of the Sourcing Team throughout the entire sourcing process. Project and time management skills will be required as you support Sourcing initiatives and supplier engagements, aligning with business unit goals and objectives. The Technology Global Sourcing Associate will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of high value Procurement, Compliance related activities and projects globally. This position requires a highly dynamic individual that will support one of the following Tech sub-category: Engineering, Enterprise softwares, Hardware, Professional Services.
The Technology Global Sourcing Associate will leverage sourcing tools and processes to facilitate market research, identify optimal scenarios, and facilitate supplier negotiations, while ultimately driving improved efficiency and optimization from a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) perspective. This individual will be expected to build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders while driving optimal value for N26.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across our Tech, Product, Security, Accounting, Legal and Finance departments to help meet their business objectives.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit industry developments that benefit N26
- Lead sourcing events in opportunity identification and RFXs where appropriate
- Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts that meet the business needs of cross-functional stakeholders and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Develop the best possible supply base for N26
What you need to be successful:
- 3+ years of IT / Tech Procurement experience, working in a structured Procurement environment and ideally regulated, across multiple categories
- You are a Bachelor/Master, in any field
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to take on any task, no matter how big, or small
- The ability to see ahead and think in terms of possibilities; creates a clear vision and strategy, thinks broadly and understand interdependencies
- The ability to build relationships and credibility across the organization; demonstrates managerial courage; leading through influence – not authority; strong negotiation skills
- An approach that seeks to understand the external market fundamentals, and can utilize cost models and your business and financial acumen to leverage the best value possible for N26
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with a problem-solving mindset, using data to support your decisions
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Tech Jobs For You
#1294 - Front End Technical Lead M&E Engagement - Design Tools
Canva, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia